If you are a parent of a student in a NYC public school you are eligible to run for a seat and vote in the upcoming elections: Apply Feb 1-28 Vote May 1-11
Parent University - seeks to educate and empower families as partners, advocates, and lifelong educators in their student's education through free courses, resources, events, and activities. Parent University serves all families, from early childhood through adulthood. Even if you are not a parent, we encourage you to become involved with Parent University. With an expanding course list Parent University is ready to support you. Register and enroll for a course today!
For more information, including flyers in different languages please visit the DOE’s Family Empowerment site.
Learning Bridges Program - is a program, new for the 2020–21 school year, that provides free childcare options for families of children from 3-K through grade 8, on days when students are scheduled for remote learning. The first phase of enrollment prioritized access for high-needs students, including students living in shelters; student-group sizes were kept small out of an abundance of caution for health and safety. Application - which takes less than five minutes; applications are accepted on a rolling basis and if a school is not listed (non-matched), families should leave those fields blank. Offers are made on a weekly basis and new seats and sites will continue to be added throughout the fall. For questions, email LearningBridges@schools.nyc.gov.
Parent Information Sessions
Parent Information Sessions- (Zoom Directions for parents.docx)
- February 25 - 9:30AM -NYC Schools Accounts Review - Parent Information and Support flyer
- January 21 - Middle School Information Session at 9:15am.
- December 17 -Presentation by Dr. Karen Caraballo Psy.D.ABSNP Clinical Psychologist Dr Caraballo Notes.docx
- November 19 - Q &A from the Session
SCHOOL SPIRIT DAY- EVERY FRIDAY
School Spirit Day is every Friday. The entire school is invited to wear the school shirt.
Alt Text School Spirit Logo
School shirts are available for purchase in the Main Office.
EVENTS FOR PARENTS
- NYCDOE Division of Specialized Instruction and Student Support - The Beyond Access Series is presented by the NYC DOE's Division of Specialized Instruction and Student Support. The series supports families of students with disabilities by providing sessions on topics around special education.
- The 2021 CCEC Elections Begin on February 1!
- Title 1 Pac Chair and Alternate Chairs
- Events with Chancellor Carranza
- Parent University *NEW FEATURES*
- School Quality Snapshot 2019-2020
- EVENTS: Free Online Civics Classes to Prepare for the Citizenship Exam
- EVENTS: Intrepid Museum’s Free STEAM Events for Teens & Families
- EVENTS: Navigating the Service System for People with Developmental Disabilities
- EVENTS: Child Mind Institute’s FREE Workshop Series for Families
- EVENTS: BLM in NYC Schools and Black History Month Kick-Off March
- Get Your Child’s COVID-19 Test Results
- NYC COVID-19 Resources
- Events and Trainings for PCs, FLCs, FSCs and FACE