P.S. 127 Respect For All Liaison
(718) 833 2323, extension 3091
- RESPECT for ALL WEEK February 8 - February 12. Each day of Respect For All Week, all students and staff members are encouraged to wear these colors to spread kindness and share the importance of RESPECT!
- Monday – Yellow is for the Golden Rule. “Treat others the way you want to be treated” . WEAR YELLOW!
- Tuesday - Green is for the Environment. Respect your Environment. WEAR GREEN!
- Wednesday – Purple is for Kindness. Spread Kindness like Confetti. WEAR PURPLE!
- Thursday – Blue is for Loyalty and Respect. Be a True Blue Friend. SHOW YOUR SCHOOL SPIRIT and WEAR BLUE! Flyer - RFA - Colors for the Week
- Words Have Power - February 8th, 2021. Resources January 2021 new additions.docx FreePrintableKindCards.pdf HazeldenPoster-WordsCanHurtorHeal.pdf KindnessBingokindnessnation.pdf KindorUnkindMiniStoriestoSort.pdf OneKindWordPoster.pdf
Visit this link for more information https://www.commonsense.org/education/digital-citizenship/lesson/media-balance-is-important
RULER- The Six Steps of the Meta-Moment
- Something happens: We realize a trigger has set off an emotional response
- Sense: We recognize the shifts in our thoughts, body and behavior.
- Stop: We catch ourselves and focus on our breath to avoid being swept up by our emotions.
- See your best self: We activate an image of our "best self" to change our mindset.
- Strategize : We choose an effective emotion regulation strategy.
- Succeed: We respond effectively.
P.S. 127 students, teachers and staff participate in numerous fundraising efforts throughout the school year which brings awareness to particular causes. We have found that our fundraising events help our school come together and work towards a common goal. It builds a strong community, highlights important educational skills, and instills a sense of social awareness and moral values in the minds of our youth. In the midst of the pandemic, we are trying our best to continue our fundraising efforts with innovative, virtual ways.
January - $205 was raised for our Make A Wish Fundraiser.
December - 10th Annual Gift Card Drive for Teens in Foster Care.
November - Wonder Walk raised $738
Student Council Blurb
Congratulations to our 2020-2021 student council members. I am so proud of their willingness to help during these difficult times. I look forward to our monthly meetings and working together on ways to help our community.
Student Council Announcements
STUDENT COUNCIL MEMBERS 2020-2021
Mrs. Bilz & Mrs. Miller's Class:
Mrs. Pantazis' Class: