P.S. 127 Respect For All Liaison
(718)833-2323, extension 3091
- GOLD TOGETHER! On September 30th, wear GOLD to celebrate courageous kids impacted by childhood cancer.
- Socktober- The entire month of October! Flyer - SOCK TOBER
- Denim and Pink day (staff only)- 10/14 - DENIM PINKFLYER
- Stomp out bullying month . OCTOBER IS NATIONAL BULLYING PREVENTION MONTH! HELP TURN AMERICA BLUE
FOR THE SAFETY OF OUR YOUTH! BLUE REMINDER #Blueup against bullying - 10/19
- Stop the Drama, End the Hate, and STOMP Out Bullying Unity Day UNITY REMINDER 10/25
- Congratulations to our P.S. 127 Team Butterflies Relay for Life Team for raising $3,049.00 for the American Cancer Society! Click here for more information.on Team Butterflies
- RESOURCE: “ABCs of Healthy Relationships” Toolkit. The “ABCs of Healthy Relationships” is an interactive web-based toolkit to help elementary school students develop healthy relationships with their friends and classmates as building blocks for healthier partner relationships as they grow older. There are also toolkits for educators and caregivers to support students with developing healthy relationships. Using vibrant and relatable illustrations, the toolkits support the development of healthy relationship foundations such as respect, consent, boundaries, body autonomy, safety, and trust. Click the links below to access the toolkits on Parent University:
- We are here for you! We are here to help! Together, we can support those affected by mental illness and guide them to appropriate resources in order to live healthy, fulfilling lives. Whether your child is learning online or in-person, our Mental Health Matters tools and resources will support each student and family while strengthening their social and emotional well-being. Please consider using, our remote-friendly Mental Health checklist that is attached. It offers 20 activities that are easy to do while at home to take care of your Mental Health! Here are mental health links for you and your family to explore.
- Press Pause
- Your Mental Health Matters! We challenge you to as many activities as you can for YOU! Have fun and smile big knowing that you are becoming the best version of YOU! Parent Letter - Your Mental Health Matters.docx 20 Tips to Boost Your Mental Health - Chart 1 1.docx
- Internet Safety 2020
- RULER- The Six Steps of the Moment
- Something happens: We realize a trigger has set off an emotional response
- Sense: We recognize the shifts in our thoughts, body and behavior.
- Stop: We catch ourselves and focus on our breath to avoid being swept up by our emotions.
- See your best self: We activate an image of our "best self" to change our mindset.
- Strategize : We choose an effective emotion regulation strategy.
- Succeed: We respond effectively.
Free Resources for Students!
P.S. 127 students, teachers and staff participate in numerous fundraising efforts throughout the school year which brings awareness to particular causes. We have found that our fundraising events help our school come together and work towards a common goal. It builds a strong community, highlights important educational skills, and instills a sense of social awareness and moral values in the minds of our youth.
STUDENT AMBASSADORS EVENTS “A Cause a Month”
P.S. 127 GOES GOLD
#GOLDTOGETHER – RELAY FOR LIFE EVENT TO SUPPORT CHILDHOOD CANCER AWARENESS
DENIM & PINK DAY TO SHOW SUPPORT FOR OUR RELAY FOR LIFE TEAM
SOCK-TOBER- FUNDRAISING EVENT TO DONATE SOCKS TO A LOCAL SHELTER
MARCH OF DIMES TO SHOW SUPPORT FOR PREMATURE BABIES AND THEIR FAMILIES
HATS ON DAY- RELAY FOR LIFE EVENT TO SHOW SUPPORT FOR CANCER PATIENTS
TOYS FOR TOTS- DONATIONS TO A LOCAL SHELTER FOR THE HOLIDAYS
BLANKETS OF HOPE- DONATIONS OF BLANKETS ARE DISTRIBUTED TO THE NYC HOMELESS COMMUNITY DURING THE WINTER MONTHS
MAKE A WISH FOUNDATION- WE SUPPORT KIDS WITH CRITICAL ILLNESSES AND GIVE THEM A PIECE OF THEIR CHILDHOOD BACK.
RESPECT FOR ALL WEEK- WE THROW KINDNESS LIKE CONFETTI AND RAISE MONEY TO COMBAT BULLYING. ALL PROCEEDS GO TO PACER NATIONAL BULLYING PREVENTION CENTER
MATH-A-THON- WE RAISE MONEY FOR ST. JUDE’S CHILDREN’S RESEARCH HOSPITAL BY WORKING HARD MATHEMATICALLY.
P.S. 127 BUTTERFLIES HOST PURPLE DAY - ALL PROCEEDS GO TO OUR RELAY FOR LIFE TEAM
STUDENT AMBASSADOR SPIRIT WEEK- STUDENTS PLAN SOMETHING FUN AND MEANINGFUL EACH DAY FOR OUR COMMUNITY
RELAY FOR LIFE EVENT- ALL PROCEEDS GO TO THE AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY
Student Ambassadors 2022-2023 TBA
Student Ambassador Pictures
Student Ambassador Newsletter - October TBA