NEWS & UPDATES
- Eid Murbarak Thursday, May 13th - SCHOOL CLOSED
- CONFIRMED CASE of COVID-19: Close Contacts Quarantined DOE - Confirmed With Potential Exposures Community letter.docx
- P T A WIILINGNESS TO SERVE 2020-2021 - for 2021-2022 School Year Due by May 7th to your child's teacher. Elections are May 18th at 7pm. Please note: In order to serve as a P.T.A. officer, you must be a Parent/ Guardian of a child attending this school
- Summer Rising Program 2021 - Please read the Flyer - Summer Rising Program 2021 and click here to sign up.
Summer Rising Program 2021-is New York City’s free school-based summer program for any City child in grades K–8. Summer Rising will integrate the strengths of DOE academics with the Department of Youth & Community Development’s (DYCD) school-based enrichment programming. Students in grades K–8 will get outside, learn, and engage with peers and caring adults in safe, supervised, and enriching ways. These programs will provide a bridge to the next school year and allow students to reconnect with one another and with their schools. Students will address unfinished learning while being provided avenues for recreation, exploration, and fun. Click to see the Flyer - Summer Rising Program 2021 and here to Create an Account.
- Universal Literacy - Parent University Access Directions for Families -All families have access to Parent University using the New York City Schools Account (NYCSA). The Universal Literacy Parent University Family Presentation Series offers seven courses to engage and connect with families in our mutual support of students. To support families with finding these courses on the Parent University site, we have created the document above.
- DYCD Summer Rising Program Registration -Summer Rising is a collaboration between NYC DOE and DYCD to offer K-8 students academic enhancement and enrichment activities in-person in DOE schools this summer. Hours of operation for elementary students, 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday 7/6 to 8/20; For middle school students, 7/6 to 8/12; Monday to Thursday, 8am to 4pm. Registration For Summer Rising programs (grades K-8) families can sign up through the Discover DYCD website starting on Monday, April 26.
- Midori & Friends Upcoming Virtual Events
- Join the PTA facebook page! PS 127 McKinley Park The Official Facebook Group
- New Kindergarten Families, please view our video of P.S. 127! Welcome to P.S. 127!
- If you have not already done so , please fill out the Emergency Contact Card.pdf and submit to your child's classroom teacher. Directions for filling out and submitting forms.docx .Thank you!
- Student Behavior Contract 2020- This student behavior contract needs to be completed by students as an assignment, which their teachers will assign in Google Classroom. Visit here to read the NYC DOE Discipline Code.
Superintendent David Pretto- Communications
Technology: Getting a Device and Internet Access
- Request a device: schools.nyc.gov/devices
- Browse tech support topics: schools.nyc.gov/technicaltools
- File a tech support ticket: schools.nyc.gov/techsupport
- Get support with a DOE-issued iPad: schools.nyc.gov/ipadfixes
- Issues with your Internet connection: schools.nyc.gov/internet
- Technical Support for Families
- Getting Started with Your iPad
- iPad Video- to reset
- How to Access Google Classroom on XBOX & PS4
- For questions, please contact the DIIT Help Desk at 718-935-5100.
- Open Safety Meeting Resources - behavioral interventions for parents.pdf Open Safety Meeting agenda Draft 20-21.docx CAPP_Parent Packet_English.docx tutor 2020.docx
- Arrival Dismissal Areas.docx
- ALL adults must show their Picture I.D. and sign-in with our School Safety Agent when entering our school building. All visitors should then proceed directly to the Main Office.
- School Website Home Page - listed under announcements on the School Website
- Remind App messages set up by the school & teachers.
- School Messenger - a Robo call or voice message is left on the Main Phone Number on the students' blue card. Please make sure your number on the Blue Card is updated.
- Google Classroom (codes listed below)
- NYC-10 Citywide Info Portal at any time for general information, and if you have any questions or concerns.
- CDC - Information from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- NYC DOE Information
- NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene
- PTA Updates - Use this link to download the app: https://www.remind.com/join/ps127t Or use without the app by texting #81010 to: @ps127
- Parent Corner - Parent Coordinator School Website Page
- Flu Information Fight Flu at Home and School 1.docx ,
- Next Gen Learning Standards Parent Resource Page
Class Google & Remind Codes - Updated 9/29/2020
Text 81010 to Join Your Child’s Class Remind App. Codes are listed by class below:
- DOE - Activities for students
- Let's Learn NYC!
- Audible Books
- BK Public Library- Homeschool
- Audible Elementary Books
- MoMath for Students
- Brain Pop
- PBS Kids
- Brooklyn Public Library
- Go Noodle
- Learn at Home
- Study Island
- Brooklyn Reads- Access to Digital Books
▪ Go to www.myon.com
▪ Click on “myON Login”
▪ Type in “Brooklyn Reads” under school name
▪ Click on “Brooklyn Reads Elementary”
▪ Username: brooklyn (not case sensitive)
▪ Password: read (case sensitive)
- Growing Book by Book
Activities for Students
- Students Entering Grades 1-12 in September can Apply Now for Exciting STEM Summer Enrichment Programs! Application Link
- New York State Museum
- Jazz at Lincoln Center
- Learn at Home - Student Activities
- Physical Education At Home
- Math Field Trips
- GoNoodle helps get kids moving with short interactive activities. Help keep your kids engaged and motivated throughout the day.
- Go Noodle
- 20 Virtual Field Trips to Take with Kids!
- Kids Activities Blog - things for Students to do while they are home!
- The San Diego Zoo has a website just for kids with amazing videos, activities, and games. Enjoy the tour! https://kids.sandiegozoo.org/
✅Tour Yellowstone National Park!
✅Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover.
✅This Canadian site FarmFood 360 offers 11 Virtual Tours of farms from minks, pigs, and cows, to apples and eggs. https://www.farmfood360.ca/
✅Play games and learn all about animals
✅Travel to Paris, France to see amazing works of art at The Louvre with this virtual field trip. https://www.louvre.fr/en/visites-en-ligne
✅This Virtual Tour of the Great Wall of China is beautiful and makes history come to life.
Remote Learning Pictures! #PS127PROUD
Inside the Classrooms...
K-106 - STEAM Project Balloons
1D1 - All About Books
1D2 NYC Landmarks
2nd Grade Remote - Padlet
2nd Grade Remote - Padlet
3rd Grade Remote - Cultures & Traditions
3-204 - STEAM Bridges
Statement on Accessibility
We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact our parent coordinator to request assistance.