Procedures on Days with Citywide Emergency Conditions or on Major Snow Days - Besides NYC Media outlets and the official schools.nyc.gov website, P.S. 127 other means of communicating City and school wide messages.
- School Messenger - a Robo call or voice message is left on the Main Phone Number on the students' blue card. Please make sure your number on the Blue Card is updated.
- School Website Home Page - listed under announcements on the home page on the school website, mckilenypark127.org.
- eChalk Notify System - an app downloaded at the Apple App Store: https://apple.co/2mkz4wD or Google Play Store: https://bit.ly/2NjIUtV. Once downloaded, you can login to receive critical messages and alerts from your school by entering our school code below:J4DOWY
Thurs 2/27-PTA Meeting @ 8:45AM
Read Across America Spirit Week March 2nd-6th
Mon 3/2-Pajama Day
Tues 3/3-Favorite Color Day
Wed 3/4-Wacky Wednesday
Thurs 3/5-Animal Day
Fri 3/6-Hat Day
Fri 3/6-Musical Bingo. All are welcome!
DOE has expanded its partnership with the Museum of Jewish Heritage – A Living Memorial to the Holocaust. Through August 30, 2020, all New York City public school students will be able to visit the Museum with up to three members of their families free of charge. https://infohub.nyced.org/docs/default-source/default-document-library/mjh-letter_feb-7-final.pdf
Meatless Mondays - from Brooklyn Borough President, Eric Adams Letter re Meatless Mondays 2019-2020.pdf Letter re Meatless Mondays 2019-2020 in Spanish.pdf
Flu Information Fight Flu at Home and School 1.docx ,
View the Next Gen Learning Standards Parent Resource link Link
2018 Water Testing Results - Water testing 2018.docx
A Letter from Eric L. Adams, Brooklyn Borough President
EVERY FRIDAY - School Spirit Day. Please wear your School Shirt to show your School Spirit
-NYC Schools Account: Parents may view NYS ELA TEST scores via their NYC Schools Account; information on NYC Schools accounts registration. If assistance is needed, please see the Parent Coordinator.
-School Messenger - It is imperative that the telephone number that you provided to the school at the time of registration is working and updated. Please update with the office.
PTA Meeting 8:45AMP.S. 127 The McKinley Park School
School Spirit Day- Every FridayP.S. 127 The McKinley Park School
READ Across America Spirit WeekP.S. 127 The McKinley Park School
Pajama DayP.S. 127 The McKinley Park School
Favorite Color DayP.S. 127 The McKinley Park School
Kindergarten Registration 2019-2020 School Year
Registration is by appointment only. Please call Mrs. Sciove in the Main Office at (718) 833-2323 extension 1041 to make an appointment.
In order to register your child, you must have the following with you:
* the CHILD you are registering
* the offer letter or email you received from the DOE
* the child’s BIRTH CERTIFICATE or PASSPORT
* TWO proofs of residence
* the child’s IMMUNIZATION RECORD
* Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable and available)
You must have all of the above information in order to register – we cannot register a student who is missing any documents. Be advised that photo ID is required at all times to enter our school building.
In order to save time, you can print out the registration packet below and bring the completed packet to your registration appointment. Otherwise, one can be filled out in the main office. The health form should be brought to your child’s pediatrician and must be returned during the first week of school (immunization record is still required for registration). Please be sure that all forms are signed, dated where indicated and filled out completely.
Documents for Registration Packets: (In Arabic, Chinese, English & Spanish)
- K Registration Packet Arabic.pdf
- K Registration Packet Chinese.pdf
- K Registration Packet English.pdf
- K Registration Packet Spanish.pdf
DEADLINE: MAY 3rd
Look Whats Happening at P.S. 127
-Peer Assistance Learning (PAL) - selected students from grades 3,4 & 5 will provide individual tutoring for Kindergarten, 1st & 2nd grade students during their lunch periods.
-New Student Council Members have been elected. The Induction Ceremony as well as the Day of Gratitude will be scheduled in November.
-Enrichment Fridays have finished the First Cycle. Second Cycle has begun!
Relay for Life
Please Help Support the P.S. 127 Relay for Life Team Butterflies
You can donate by this link Team Butterflies. We encourage teamwork here at P.S. 127, so lets be a team and help spread the word about The American Cancer Society and Relay For Life! Help "P.S. 127 Butterflies" raise money to support the American Cancer Society. All Proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society. Thank you.
P.S. 127 Respect For All Liaison
718 833 2323 x 3091
Click Here for Counselors Corner
-PLEASE SEND IN YOUR UNIFORM ORDER FORMS & YOUR PTA DONATIONS.
-If you would like to take your family to see Jurassic World, or other barcaly events, please go to the link below .Each ticket purchased, has a $5 fundraiser added on to it. Please visit www.barclayscentergroups.com/ps127
Click here for more PTA Info! http://www.mckinleypark127.org/pta
P.S. 127 's General Information
Kindergarten Admissions Applications for the 2020-2021 School Year
The kindergarten application period is open December 11, 2019 to January 21, 2020 for all children born in 2015 who live in New York City.
Families can apply to Kindergarten in three ways:
· Online at MySchools.nyc,
· Over the phone by calling 718-935-2009, · Or in person at a Family Welcome Center – 415 89th Street, Bklyn, NY 11209
如果您居住在纽约市，且您的孩子于 2015 年出生，请于 2020 年 1 月 21 日前申请幼儿园。
· 在线在我的学校.nyc (MySchools.nyc)
· 亲自到家庭欢迎中心 – 415 89街，布鲁克林，NY 11209
· 电话：(718) 935-2009
Fecha límite de solicitud de kindergarten
Si usted vive en la ciudad de Nueva York y su hijo nació en 2015, solicite el jardín de infantes antes del 21 de enero de 2020.
Envíe la solicitud de su hijo de una de tres maneras:
· En línea en MySchools.nyc
· En persona en un Centro de Bienvenida Familiar – 415 89th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11209
· Por teléfono al (718) 935-2009
الموعد النهائي لطلب الروضة
إذا كنت تعيش في مدينه نيويورك وولدت طفلك في 2015 ، طلب لرياض الأطفال بحلول يناير 21 ، 2020.
تقديم طلب طفلك بأحدي الطرق الثلاث:
· علي الإنترنت في MySchools.nyc
· شخصيا في مركز الترحيب العائلي – 415 شارع 89, بروكلين, نيويورك 11209
· عن طريق الهاتف علي (718) 935-2009Students with a Parent or Guardian on Active Military Duty
As a part of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), all schools must identify students with a parent or guardian who is a member of the armed forces on active duty to help understand the best ways to support these students. Please click on the below notice/form (English, Arabic, Chinese & Spanish versions are available). The notice asks families to sign and return the form letter if at least one of the student’s parents or guardians is on active duty in the armed forces and return the form to your student’s school by May 24, 2019.
Water testing Results 2018 - Water testing 2018.docx
7:45 AM - Doors open for the Free Breakfast Program on the 79th street side of the school building (Hot Lunchroom)
7:45 AM - Doors open for Early Drop Off on the 78th street side of the school building (Cold Lunchroom)
8:15 AM - Breakfast ends
8:20 AM - All students report to their classroom where their teacher(s) will welcome them
- ALL adults must show their Picture I.D. and sign-in with our School Safety Agent when entering our school building. All visitors should then proceed directly to the Main Office.
- Procedures on Days with Citywide Emergency Conditions/ Major Storm Days - In the case of a day with citywide emergency conditions or a major storm day, the Chancellor will make an announcement to all public schools in the city on whether to close schools or delay their opening. This announcement is made in consultation with other City officials. By 6:00 a.m. the decision is announced on the 311 Information Line, on the Department of Education website Home Page (which can be accessed at https://www.nycenet.edu/) and on the following radio stations in the city: WINS (1010 AM), WCBS (880 AM), WLIB (1190 AM), WBLS (107.5 FM), WNYE (91.5 FM), as well as the following television stations: WCBS (Channel 2), WNBC (Channel 4), WNYW (Fox Channel 5), WABC (Channel 7), WNYE (Channel 25), and "NY 1" (Channel 1 on cable television).
- Statement on Accessibility: We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact Stephanie Bonomolo to request assistance. Thank You.
Supply Lists 2020 - 2021 will be posted in JUNE. Students should bring items in throughout the first week of school, not the first day of school since there are multiple items. Thank you!
Statement on Accessibility
We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact our parent coordinator to request assistance.