- MARCH 28, 29, & 30 - NYS ELA Exams for Grade 3, 4 & 5
Go to Bed Early
Have a Good Breakfast
Arrive on Time
Bring #2 Pencils
- Thursday, April 6th - SPRING BAG GALA
- Friday, April 7th - Family Friday & Multi-Cultural Festival
- Week of April 10th - SPRING RECESS - School Closed
- Tuesday, April 25th - PURPLE DAY for RELAY FOR LIFE
We are very excited to introduce School Messenger. School Messenger is a mass notification system that will be used by P.S. 127 to communicate general notifications and emergency broadcasts to the parents and guardians of our school.
It is very imperative that the telephone number that you provided to the school at the time of registration is correct and working. If you have a change of telephone number or are not sure what telephone number you first had listed with us, please submit a written letter to the office with the telephone number you would like School Messenger to contact you.
NYS ELA Exam - Grades 3-5P.S. 127 The McKinley Park School
4th Annual Spring Gala "Bag Boutique"P.S. 127 The McKinley Park School
Family FridayP.S. 127 The McKinley Park School
Fruity FridayP.S. 127 The McKinley Park School
Spring Recess - SCHOOL CLOSEDP.S. 127 The McKinley Park School
Relay for Life
Please Help Support the P.S. 127 Relay for Life Team Butterflies
-Click on this link to donate:
-To Purchase a Team T-shirt , contact or see Ms. Rosann Vento in the Main Office by April 5th. Each T-shirt is $12.00.
-On May 19th, join us in supporting our Relay for Life team by wearing PURPLE and purchasing a Team Bracelet for $1.00.
June 17th is our culminating event at Poly Prep Country Day School starting at 10:00am.
All Proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society.
Kindergarten Registration 2017-2018 School Year
Kindergarten registration will be held from March 13 – April 7 by appointment only. Please call the Main Office at 718-833-2323 to make an appointment.
When you register, you must bring the following:
* The child you are registering
* The offer letter you received from the DOE
* Child’s birth certificate or passport
* Two proofs of residence
* Child’s Immunization Record
* Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable and available)
Please visit this site for more information: http://schools.nyc.gov/ChoicesEnrollment/Elementary/Kindergarten
Please note that students’ immunizations must be up-to-date to start school in September. You may use these guides as references for the required immunizations: https://www.health.ny.gov/prevention/immunization/schools/updated_school_imm_requirements.htm https://www.health.ny.gov/publications/2370.pdf
In order to make your registration go smoothly, please see below for a few important reminders so you will be ready when you come in to pre-register your child:
* Read all forms carefully in the registration packet. Check for 2 sided documents.
* Print clearly when completing the forms. Doing so will help in keeping accurate records.
* Be sure all forms are signed and dated where indicated. All forms should be filled out completely.
* The health form (last page) should be brought to your child’s doctor and must be returned during the first week of school.
Please contact Mrs. Sciove in the Main Office if you have any questions at (718) 833-2323.
Registration forms are below (so they may be competed ahead of time) as well as in the Main Office:
Documents for Registration Packets: (In English, Spanish, Arabic & Chinese)
If you have any questions, please contact Anna Sciove at (718) 833 - 2323
Parent Coordinator Corner
click here to visit the Parent Coordinator Page!
As we move into the new school year, there are many wonderful events coming up. Please make sure to check the school calendar so no events get overlooked. To our 5th grade parents please make every effort to attend the middle school open houses so when the time comes, it will be useful for you and your child to make a decision.
General School Information
School Spirit Day
Each Friday is School Spirit Day. Shirts are available for purchase.
Please remember that all adults must show their Picture I.D. and sign-in with our School Safety Agent when entering our school building. All visitors should then proceed directly to the Main Office.
Statement on Accessibility:
We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact Stephanie Bonomolo to request assistance. Thank You.
P.S. 127 's School Hours
- 7:45 AM - Doors open for the Free Breakfast Program on the 79th street side of the school building (Hot Lunchroom)
- 7:45 AM - Doors open for Early Drop Off on the 78th street side of the school building (Cold Lunchroom)
- 8:15 AM - Breakfast ends
- 8:20 AM - All students report to their classroom where their teacher(s) will welcome them
Resources for Students
Planned By: Social Worker Carlie Splicer
February 16, 2017 - 8:45AM Hygiene
March 16, 2017 - 8:45AM Homework Help/Study Skills
April 20, 2017 - 8:45AM - Effective Limit Setting
May 18, 2017 - 8:45AM - Nutrition
June 15, 2017 - 8:45AM - Cyber Safety & Social Media