NEWS & UPDATES
- Chip Friday is back on a weekly basis! During lunch, there will be various snacks for sale, each for $1.00. More information here, Chip Fridays Memo
- Monday, February 13th is an Information & Support Session for NYC Schools Account (NYCSA) See flyer for additional information. Parent Information and Support flyer NYCSA.docx
- During the week of February 13th, P.S. 127 will be celebrating Respect For All Week. This annual event takes place citywide to continue the ongoing efforts to promote inter-personal and inter-group respect and to prevent bullying and bias-based behavior. Each day of Respect For All Week, all students and staff members are encouraged to wear these colors to spread kindness and share the importance of RESPECT!
Monday – Green is for the Environment. Respect your environment. WEAR GREEN!
Tuesday - Red is for Love. Love and Respect your family and friends. WEAR RED!
Wednesday – Purple is for Kindness. Spread Kindness like confetti. WEAR PURPLE!
Thursday – Yellow is for the Golden Rule. “Treat others the way you want to be treated” WEAR YELLOW!
Friday – Blue is for Loyalty and Respect. Be a true blue friend. SHOW YOUR SCHOOL SPIRIT AND WEAR BLUE!
- NYC’s Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD) has created a survey called the Community Needs Assessment to hear what programs and services are needed. DYCD uses this survey to update and improve programs. If you have already taken the survey – thank you! Please help us spread the word by sharing it with family, friends, colleagues, and other members of your community. Please take the survey today and share with every New Yorker you know!
FACEBOOK PAGE Facebook.com/publicschool.127
p.s._127 Social media Consent 2022.docx
- If you would like to visit our school for a tour, please contact Rosann Vento at email@example.com
- Computer Science for K-2 Students, - To celebrate Computer Science Education Week, here is a choice board and read alouds students can do from home, if they wish. Happy Coding! CS Choice Board
NYC Kids Rise College Program is a scholarship and savings program designed to make college and career training more accessible for all NYC public school students— regardless of family income or immigration status. In partnership with our nonprofit partner, NYC Kids RISE, through the Save for College Program, every kindergarten student enrolled in a participating NYC public school automatically receives a NYC Scholarship Account with an initial $100 allocation on their behalf, unless their parents/guardians “opt out” of the program.
Resolution Requesting District 20 Implement Academic Screened Middle School Programs Middle Schools in D20
- 2022-2023 Arrival and Dismissal Areas
- NYC DOT BICYCLISTS Electric Bicycles Information and Reminders for Cyclists During COVID-19
- Save for College Program in the 2021–22 school year for Kindergarten Families.
NYC Kids RISE Downloadable Resources page
Save for College Program One-Pager
Program Basics: Frequently Asked Questions; and
- Save for College Program Intro Video
- Extended Deadline for Families to Opt-out of Save for College Program and Next Steps for Schools. See more information here.
- Universal Literacy - Parent University Access Directions for Families -All families have access to Parent University using the NYCSA
Book of the Month - 2022-2023
September Amazing You by: Connie Goyette Crawley
October Say Something by: Peter H. Reynolds
November The Very Impatient Caterpillar by: Ross Burach
December I am Enough by: Grace Byers
January I Like Myself by: Karen Beaumont
February One Green Apple by: Eve Bunting
March Madlenka by: Peter Sis
April My Magical Choice by: Becky Cummings
May Skin Like Me by: LaTashia M. Perry
June Apple Pie 4th of July by: Janet S. Wong
McKinley Monthly 2022-2023
- Remind App -To join, the school Remind group please text: 81010. Enter the message: @ps127mc in the message area and press send. Class Remind & Google Codes 2022-2023 are listed here Remind Google Classroom Codes 2022-23.xlsx
- Join the PTA Facebook page! PS 127 McKinley Park The Official Facebook Group. New QR code
- Our PTA Executive Board now has their own Remind Group. If you would like to join The P.S. 127 PTA Executive Board Remind please
Text Message: To- 81010 Enter the message : @22d242 in the message area and press send.
- PS 127 Facebook & Instagram page -
NEW FACEBOOK PAGE Facebook.com/publicschool.127
p.s._127 Social media Consent 2022.docx
- School Messenger - a Robo call or voice message is left on the Main Phone Number on the students' blue card.
- Google Classroom - Students were invited by the classroom teachers
- REMIND Attendance Robo Call - An automated phone call will be made to your phone number on file any time your child is marked absent. This call will be made, even if you have already notified the office or teacher of the absence. If you have already contacted the school and then receive a call, you do not need to call us again. More information here Message to Families 1 24 22
- School Website
- NYC-10 Citywide Info Portal -general information, & if you have any questions or concerns.
- CDC - Information from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- NYC DOE Info
- NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene
- Parent Corner - Parent Coordinator School Website Page
Technology & Digital Literacy Information
- Family Guide to Student Social Media Guidelines: 12 & Younger
- Free and Low-Cost Internet Options
- DOE Student Accounts
- Your DOE-loaned iPad or Laptop
- iPads and School Devices
- Need Technical Support? Visit the Support Hub
- Student Password & Account Management
- Short-term Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program
- NYC Families: Save Money on Your Home Broadband Service
- iPad Video- to reset
- Resources & Activities for Families:
- For questions, please contact the DIIT Help Desk at 718-935-5100.
State Testing & iReady Diagnostics 2023
- State Testing Student-participation-guide - this link will provide you with details regarding Student Participation in the Grades 3-8 NYS ELA & Math exams.
- Parent Letter - Dates of iReady Assessment & Need of Device
- NY State Science Test
- State Testing Calendar
- NY State English Language Arts Test (ELA)
- NY State Math Test
- Priority_Learning_Math Standards
Health & Safety Information 2022
- Update for Families on Health & Safety: Week of August 29, 2022
- In order to keep students and staff safe as schools open in September for 2022–23 school year, please review new guidance on School Health Policy, which covers the following:
- Vaccination information;
- Procedures to be followed if a student or staff member shows signs of COVID-19 while in school;
- Procedures to be followed if there is a confirmed positive case of COVID-19 for a student or staff member; and
- COVID-19-testing for staff and students.
Information on Immunization and Health Forms with Families for Completion:
- Immunization requirements letter and chart with families.
- New York State Public Health Law requires students to get certain vaccines in order to attend childcare or school. Before the school year begins, all students should receive all required immunizations.
- In addition, we encourage families to be up to date on COVID-19 vaccines. They are safe, free, and available regardless of immigration status. All New Yorkers aged 6 months and up are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine. Families can find information on the NYC COVID-19: Vaccine page.
- In accordance with Chancellor's Regulation A-701, all students entering DOE public schools for the first time, from kindergarten through grade 12, must submit a New Admission Examination form (CH-205)–completed by a health care provider– to their school nurse.
- Any students needing to take medications or receive any medical treatments must have a Medication Administration Form (MAF) and/or Medically Prescribed Treatment Form (scroll down on the page) that must be submitted every year. For more information on health services in school, visit the Health Services page.
- Head Lice - Guidelines and facts.
- REMIND Attendance Robo Call - An automated phone call will be made to your phone number on file any time your child is marked absent. This call will be made, even if you have already notified the office or teacher of the absence. If you have already contacted the school and then receive a call, you do not need to call us again.
School Leadership Team 2022-2023
Reoccurring Zoom Meeting Info:
DOE NYC General Information
- ALL adults must show their Picture I.D. and sign-in with our School Safety Agent when entering our school building. All visitors should then proceed directly to the Main Office.
Activities & Opportunities for Students
- STEM Matters NYC 2022 Spring Break Program Application is now open. New York City public school K-12 students are invited to apply for a STEM Matters NYC enrichment program offered during spring break, April 18-22, 2022. If selected, the student must attend all days of the program. Application
- New York State Museum
- Jazz at Lincoln Center
- Learn at Home - Student Activities
- Physical Education At Home
- Math Field Trips
- GoNoodle helps get kids moving with short interactive activities. Help keep your kids engaged and motivated throughout the day.
- Go Noodle
- 20 Virtual Field Trips to Take with Kids!
- Kids Activities Blog - things for Students to do while they are home!
- The San Diego Zoo has a website just for kids with amazing videos, activities, and games. Enjoy the tour! https://kids.sandiegozoo.org/
✅Tour Yellowstone National Park!
✅Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover.
✅This Canadian site FarmFood 360 offers 11 Virtual Tours of farms from minks, pigs, and cows, to apples and eggs. https://www.farmfood360.ca/
✅Play games and learn all about animals
✅Travel to Paris, France to see amazing works of art at The Louvre with this virtual field trip. https://www.louvre.fr/en/visites-en-ligne
✅This Virtual Tour of the Great Wall of China is beautiful and makes history come to life.
- NYC Students can access digital books FREE
- DOE - Activities for students
- Let's Learn NYC!
- Audible Books
- BK Public Library- Homeschool
- Audible Elementary Books
- MoMath for Students
- Brain Pop
- PBS Kids
- Brooklyn Public Library
- Go Noodle
- Learn at Home
- Study Island
- Brooklyn Reads- Access to Digital Books
▪ Go to www.myon.com
▪ Click on “myON Login”
▪ Type in “Brooklyn Reads” under school name
▪ Click on “Brooklyn Reads Elementary”
▪ Username: brooklyn (not case sensitive)
▪ Password: read (case sensitive)
- Growing Book by Book
Remote Learning Pictures! #PS127PROUD
Congratulations to our Talented Teachers who have classroom projects funded:
Give Mrs. Caruso a high five! Her classroom project "Using STEAM to Learn about Physical Science" was recently funded.
Give Ms. Perricone a high five! Her classroom project "Books Are Magic!" was recently funded.
Give Mrs. Jack a high five! Her classroom project "Guided reading at our fingertips" was recently funded
Statement on Accessibility
We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact our parent coordinator to request assistance.