NEWS & UPDATES
Student Registration will resume in September.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Have a Great Summer!
- School Store Apparel Open! Please visit if you would like to order.
- Universal Literacy - Parent University Access Directions for Families -All families have access to Parent University using the New York City Schools Account (NYCSA).
- Join the PTA facebook page! PS 127 McKinley Park The Official Facebook Group. New QR code
- New Kindergarten Families, please view our video of P.S. 127! Welcome to P.S. 127!
- If you have not already done so , please fill out the Emergency Contact Card.pdf and submit to your child's classroom teacher. Directions for filling out and submitting forms.docx .Thank you!
- Student Behavior Contract 2020- This student behavior contract needs to be completed by students as an assignment, which their teachers will assign in Google Classroom. Visit here to read the NYC DOE Discipline Code.
1.) iReady Summer Assignment Packets - iReady learning packets are assigned to students over the summer to review past standards in anticipation for the following year. Please see the letter iReady Family Letter-Student Data Report
Entering the below Grades in September 2021:
- 1- K to 1st iready-ela, Reading Log & iready Math
- 2 - 1st to 2nd 1st Grade iready-Math, 1st Grade - ELA, & 1st Grade - Reading
- 3 - 2nd to 3rd iReady Reading Summer Packet, Math Summer Packet & Summer Reading Log
- 4 - 3rd to 4th Reading log & iReady Math
- 5 - 4th to 5th Grade ELA & 4th to 5th Grade Math
2.) Summer Reading Log - Summertime is the perfect time to encourage your child to continue his/her hard work throughout the summer months. It is a good idea to set aside a time each day for reading. Studies show that children who do not read over the summer can fall back at least two reading levels. We do not want this to happen.
The initiative is to promote literacy and indulge in the wonderful world of books over the summer. Below are links to the age appropriate American Library Associations suggested Summer Reading List. Read more about it in the Parent Letter - Summer Reading 2021.
SEPTEMBER 13TH - FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
Superintendent David Pretto - Communications
Technology: Getting a Device and Internet Access
- Short-term Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program - provides reduced cost broadband internet service for eligible NYC households.
- Request a device: schools.nyc.gov/devices
- Tech support topics: schools.nyc.gov/technicaltools
- File a tech support ticket: schools.nyc.gov/techsupport
- Get support with a DOE-issued iPad: schools.nyc.gov/ipadfixes
- Internet connection Issues: schools.nyc.gov/internet
- Technical Support for Families
- Getting Started with Your iPad
- iPad Video- to reset
- Student self-service password reset tool https://selfservice.schools.nyc/ . User directions are on the DOE Student Accounts page.
- For questions, please contact the DIIT Help Desk at 718-935-5100.
State Testing Spring 2021 & iReady Diagnostics
Supply List 2021-2022
- Open Safety Meeting Resources - behavioral interventions for parents.pdf Open Safety Meeting agenda Draft 20-21.docx CAPP_Parent Packet_English.docx tutor 2020.docx
- Arrival Dismissal Areas.docx
- ALL adults must show their Picture I.D. and sign-in with our School Safety Agent when entering our school building. All visitors should then proceed directly to the Main Office.
- School Website
- Remind App - School & Class Groups
- School Messenger - a Robo call or voice message is left on the Main Phone Number on the students' blue card.
- Google Classroom (codes listed below)
- NYC-10 Citywide Info Portal -general information, & if you have any questions or concerns.
- CDC - Information from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- NYC DOE Info
- NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene
- PTA Updates - Click here to join the REMIND PTA group https://www.remind.com/join/ps127t or text #81010 to: @ps127
- Parent Corner - Parent Coordinator School Website Page
- Flu Information Fight Flu at Home and School 1.docx
- Next Gen Learning Standards Parent Resource Page
- DOE - Activities for students
- Let's Learn NYC!
- Audible Books
- BK Public Library- Homeschool
- Audible Elementary Books
- MoMath for Students
- Brain Pop
- PBS Kids
- Brooklyn Public Library
- Go Noodle
- Learn at Home
- Study Island
- Brooklyn Reads- Access to Digital Books
▪ Go to www.myon.com
▪ Click on “myON Login”
▪ Type in “Brooklyn Reads” under school name
▪ Click on “Brooklyn Reads Elementary”
▪ Username: brooklyn (not case sensitive)
▪ Password: read (case sensitive)
- Growing Book by Book
Activities for Students
- Student Reading Parent Letter -2021
- Students Entering Grades 1-12 in September can Apply Now for Exciting STEM Summer Enrichment Programs! Application Link
- New York State Museum
- Jazz at Lincoln Center
- Learn at Home - Student Activities
- Physical Education At Home
- Math Field Trips
- GoNoodle helps get kids moving with short interactive activities. Help keep your kids engaged and motivated throughout the day.
- Go Noodle
- 20 Virtual Field Trips to Take with Kids!
- Kids Activities Blog - things for Students to do while they are home!
- The San Diego Zoo has a website just for kids with amazing videos, activities, and games. Enjoy the tour! https://kids.sandiegozoo.org/
✅Tour Yellowstone National Park!
✅Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover.
✅This Canadian site FarmFood 360 offers 11 Virtual Tours of farms from minks, pigs, and cows, to apples and eggs. https://www.farmfood360.ca/
✅Play games and learn all about animals
✅Travel to Paris, France to see amazing works of art at The Louvre with this virtual field trip. https://www.louvre.fr/en/visites-en-ligne
✅This Virtual Tour of the Great Wall of China is beautiful and makes history come to life.
Remote Learning Pictures! #PS127PROUD
Inside the Classrooms...
Heritage Day- K-106 7 K-107,
K-106 - STEAM Project Balloons
1D1 - All About Books
1D2 NYC Landmarks
2nd Grade Remote - Padlet
2nd Grade Remote - Padlet
3rd Grade Remote - Cultures & Traditions
3-204 - STEAM Bridges
Statement on Accessibility
We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact our parent coordinator to request assistance.