2023 Dance Festival Kindergarten - Grade 5
NEWS & UPDATES
- Parent Teacher Conferences are on Thursday, March 7th. Dismissal is a 11:40am. There is NO YDR.
- MATH-A-THON is coming up in March! Our P.S. 127 MATH-A-THON will be an online fundraising event which will support research and care for the children at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital with cancer. This year our event begins on Monday, March 11, 2024, and will continue for 2 weeks, ending on Thursday, March 28, 2024. Please use the link below to join our team, get your child signed up and help us make a difference.
- Beginning December 5th, children born in 2019 can apply to kindergarten for the 2024-25 school year. The application deadline is Friday, January 19, 2024. All families who apply by the deadline will receive a kindergarten offer in April. All families should participate in kindergarten admissions, including children currently attending pre-K, students with disabilities, English Language Learners, and students with accessibility needs. Families can also apply to gifted & talented programs using the kindergarten application. MySchools.nyc includes an online directory tool that allows families to view school open house info, explore program choices, save programs of interest, and submit their application, all on the same site. Families can apply to Kindergarten in one of three ways, online at MySchools, over the phone by calling 718-935-2009 or by visiting their local family welcome center. For more information, please see the Apply to Kindergarten flyer .
- Kindergarten Open House - see Flyer 2024 for more information.
- Check out P.S.127's Newsletters!
- Arrival and Dismissal Areas September 2023
- School Construction Authority Update on P.S. 127 Water Service. as of 10-18-23, Water update.docx . As you may be aware, in early summer of this year, we discovered a blue tint in the water in the P.S. 127K building addition. We have been working to resolve this issue over the summer months and we will continue our investigation in an effort to understand the cause of this condition. Please read the full letter, with translations, here. 127Kletter - Blue Tint in Water , Chinese, Arabic, Russian, Spanish
- Please see the attached Exterior Modernization Project Construction Letter for P.S. 127, dated 4/17/23, Department of Letter
- If you would like to visit our school for a tour, please contact Rosann Vento at firstname.lastname@example.org
Technology & Digital Literacy Information
P.S. 127’s Personal Cellphone and Electronic Devices Policy: Chancellor’s Regulation A-413 permits students to bring cell phones and other electronic personal smart devices to school. All schools must implement the new policies contained in the Regulation. Guidance and Frequently Asked Questions have been developed to assist schools in this process. A school-based policy for the use of cell phones and electronic items has been established and will be distributed to all students. The P.S. 127 Cell Phone Policy is “off and away”. Please note the following:
- All cell phones that enter the school building must be turned off and must stay off throughout the duration of the school day.
- Cell phones must remain in a student’s schoolbag for the entire school day. At no point during the school day is a cell phone to be removed from a school bag. Cell phone policy memo to families
- Free and Low-Cost Internet Options
- Family Guide to Student Social Media Guidelines: 12 & Younger
- Your DOE-loaned iPad or Laptop
- iPads and School Devices
- Need Technical Support?
- Student Password & Account Management
- iPad Video- to reset
- Resources & Activities for Families:
- For questions, please contact the DIIT Help Desk at 718-935-5100.
- Recommended Reading Lists - If you’re not sure where to start, these lists feature are some of our favorite titles for students of all ages:
- NYC Students can access digital books FREE
- Let's Learn NYC!
- Audible Books
- Audible Elementary Books
- MoMath for Students
- Brain Pop
- PBS Kids
- Brooklyn Public Library
- Go Noodle
- Study Island
- Growing Book by Book
Statement on Accessibility
We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact our parent coordinator to request assistance.