NEWS & UPDATES
SUBMITTING COVID TESTING FORMS - The DOE has increased random COVID-19 testing in all elementary, middle, & high schools for students in grades 1-12 from biweekly to weekly. We can only test students whose parents have provided an updated testing consent form to their school. You are encouraged to provide this consent for your child if you have not done so. If you have already submitted a testing consent form for the 2021-22 school year, that consent form remains in effect. If you have not yet submitted your consent, you can do so one of two ways:
- New Families - Please Join our School REMIND group! To join, the school Remind group please text: 81010. Enter the message: @ps127mc in the message area and press send.
- October is National Bullying Prevention Month! Stop the DRAMA, End the Hate, & Stomp Out Bullying!
- Socktober - We will be collecting new socks everyday during the month of October for the Homeless
- School Store Apparel Open! Please visit if you would like to order.
- Universal Literacy - Parent University Access Directions for Families -All families have access to Parent University using the New York City Schools Account (NYCSA).
- Join the PTA facebook page! PS 127 McKinley Park The Official Facebook Group. New QR code
Arrival & Dismissal 2021-2022
Student Arrival is at 8:20 am. Doors will stay open until 8:30 am.
After 8:30 am, all students will enter the school building using the
NEW Main Entrance located at 922 – 78th Street.
Free Breakfast is available to all students starting at 7:45 am.
Students having breakfast will enter the school building using the NEW main entrance located on 78th Street.
- Students arriving by bus will enter the school building using the NEW main entrance on 78th
- Students who had breakfast at home and need Early Drop Off will enter the NEW main entrance on 78th Street from 7:45 am to 8:15 am.
- At 8:20 am – Students in Kindergarten and Class K/1/2-233 will meet their teacher(s) in the schoolyard (weather permitting). The entrance of the schoolyard is on the 79th Street side of the historic school building.
- At 8:20 am - Students in Grade 1 will meet their teacher(s) in the front of the historic school building along 7th
- Classes 1-105 and 1-106 will line up on the 79th Street side of the historic school building.
- Classes 1-101 and 1-103 will line up on the 78th Street side of the historic school building.
- At 8:20 am - Students in Grade 2 will enter the building using the schoolyard door (Exit 8) of the historic school building. The entrance of the schoolyard is on the 79th Street side of the historic school building.
- At 8:20 am - Students in Grade 3 and Class 3/4/5-335 will enter the school building using the first floor doors located on the 78th Street side of the historic building.
- Classes 3/4/5-335 and 3-234 will use the Exit 3 door.
- Classes 3-235 and 3-236 will use the Exit 5 door.
- At 8:20 am - Students in Grade 4 will enter the school building using the NEW main entrance doors located on 78th
- At 8:20 am - Students in Grade 5 will enter the school building using the first floor doors located on the 79th Street side of the historic building.
- Classes 5-306 and 5-308 will use the Exit 2 door.
- Classes 5-305 and 5-307 will use the Exit 4 door.
*Parents/Guardians are not permitted to enter the school building during morning
*Parents/Guardians may enter the school building using the NEW main entrance
doors located on 78th Street beginning at 8:30 am.
Dismissal for students in Kindergarten and Grade 1 will begin at 2:30 pm.
Dismissal for students in Grades 2-5 will begin at 2:35 pm
Dismissal Areas will be the same as Arrival Areas.
*Students must be picked up on time. Parents/Guardians who pick up their child(ren) late will need to enter the school building using the main entrance doors located on 78th Street, show ID while signing in at the desk of the School Safety Agent. Then, pick up their child(ren) from the designated room in the basement (previously, referred to as the “cold lunchroom”). The child(ren) being picked up late need to be signed out by the parent/guardian.
*Students will only be released to the adults indicated on the Emergency Contact Card.
*Students in the upper grades will only be released to walk home alone if there is written consent from their parents/guardians.
* NEW -Health & Safety Information 2021
SUBMITTING COVID TESTING FORMS - Starting Monday, September 27, the DOE will increase random COVID-19 testing in all elementary, middle, and high schools for students in grades 1-12 from biweekly to weekly. We can only test students whose parents have provided an updated testing consent form to their school. You are encouraged to provide this consent for your child if you have not done so. If you have already submitted a testing consent form for the 2021-22 school year, that consent form remains in effect. If you have not yet submitted your consent, you can do so one of two ways:
- Providing Consent for COVID-19 Testing - COVID-19 testing of students (grades 1 through 12) and staff is an important part of how New York City is protecting our school communities. In order for your child in to participate in the in-school COVID testing program, it is important that you provide consent. You can fill out the testing consent form in your NYC Schools Account (NYCSA) or download a printable version here.
- Health Screening Form
- School Health Policy
- Homecoming Health & Safety Guide 2021
- Safe & Healthy Learning for All
- Covid19 Testing for Students
- CDC Updates K-12 Physical Distance in Classrooms
Technology: Getting a Device and Internet Access
- Request a device -please notify your child's classroom teacher.
- DOE Student Accounts
- Student Password & Account Management
- Short-term Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program - provides reduced cost broadband internet service for eligible NYC households.
- Tech support topics: schools.nyc.gov/technicaltools
- File a tech support ticket: schools.nyc.gov/techsupport
- Get support with a DOE-issued iPad: schools.nyc.gov/ipadfixes
- Internet connection Issues: schools.nyc.gov/internet
- Technical Support for Families
- Getting Started with Your iPad
- iPad Video- to reset
- For questions, please contact the DIIT Help Desk at 718-935-5100.
Parent Engagement Sessions
9/9 - Topic "Back to School Family Engagement"
10/18 - Kindergarten Savings Plan
- School Website
- Remind App -To join, the school Remind group please text: 81010. Enter the message: @ps127mc in the message area and press send. Class REMIND Groups were sent home by the classroom teachers.
- School Messenger - a Robo call or voice message is left on the Main Phone Number on the students' blue card.
- Google Classroom - Students were invited by the classroom teachers
- NYC-10 Citywide Info Portal -general information, & if you have any questions or concerns.
- CDC - Information from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- NYC DOE Info
- NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene
- Parent Corner - Parent Coordinator School Website Page
School Leadership Team
Meeting Dates (3rd Thursday)
Reoccurring Zoom Meeting Info:
DOE NYC General Information
- 2021-2022-NYC DOE School Calendar
- ALL adults must show their Picture I.D. and sign-in with our School Safety Agent when entering our school building. All visitors should then proceed directly to the Main Office.
McKinley Monthly 2021-2022
- NYC Students can access digital books FREE
- DOE - Activities for students
- Let's Learn NYC!
- Audible Books
- BK Public Library- Homeschool
- Audible Elementary Books
- MoMath for Students
- Brain Pop
- PBS Kids
- Brooklyn Public Library
- Go Noodle
- Learn at Home
- Study Island
- Brooklyn Reads- Access to Digital Books
▪ Go to www.myon.com
▪ Click on “myON Login”
▪ Type in “Brooklyn Reads” under school name
▪ Click on “Brooklyn Reads Elementary”
▪ Username: brooklyn (not case sensitive)
▪ Password: read (case sensitive)
- Growing Book by Book
Activities for Students
- Student Reading Parent Letter -2021
- Students Entering Grades 1-12 in September can Apply Now for Exciting STEM Summer Enrichment Programs! Application Link
- New York State Museum
- Jazz at Lincoln Center
- Learn at Home - Student Activities
- Physical Education At Home
- Math Field Trips
- GoNoodle helps get kids moving with short interactive activities. Help keep your kids engaged and motivated throughout the day.
- Go Noodle
- 20 Virtual Field Trips to Take with Kids!
- Kids Activities Blog - things for Students to do while they are home!
- The San Diego Zoo has a website just for kids with amazing videos, activities, and games. Enjoy the tour! https://kids.sandiegozoo.org/
✅Tour Yellowstone National Park!
✅Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover.
✅This Canadian site FarmFood 360 offers 11 Virtual Tours of farms from minks, pigs, and cows, to apples and eggs. https://www.farmfood360.ca/
✅Play games and learn all about animals
✅Travel to Paris, France to see amazing works of art at The Louvre with this virtual field trip. https://www.louvre.fr/en/visites-en-ligne
✅This Virtual Tour of the Great Wall of China is beautiful and makes history come to life.
Remote Learning Pictures! #PS127PROUD
Supply List 2021-2022
Statement on Accessibility
We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact our parent coordinator to request assistance.