- FRIDAY, JANUARY 15, 2021, THE SCHOOL BUILDING WILL BE CLOSED,
- DUE TO MULIPLE UNLINKED, CONFIRMED CASES OF COVID-19.
- New Kindergarten Families, please view our video of P.S. 127! Welcome to P.S. 127!
- Kindergarten Application Period Open - Beginning Thursday, December 10th, children born in 2016 can apply to kindergarten for the 2021-22 school year. The application deadline is Tuesday, January 19, 2021. All families who apply by the deadline will receive a kindergarten offer in April. All families should participate in kindergarten admissions, including children currently attending pre-K, students with disabilities, English Language Learners, and students with accessibility needs. MySchools.nyc includes an online directory tool that allows families to explore program choices, save programs of interest and submit their application, all on the same site. Families can apply to Kindergarten in two ways, online at MySchools and over the phone by calling 718-935-2009.
- Letter to families end of 2020.docx
- Parent Letters-PLEASE READ - Group A , Group B, Group E
YDR is currently still in the enrollment process with an expectation to fill up our slots. Please fill the survey -October Survey.docx
December Newsletter- Posted under McKinley Monthly Tab Below
Students must return ALL textbooks that were sent home in March: Journeys, Science, Social Studies. If they are remote only, they can bring them in at a time that is convenient for them.
How to Reset DOE iPad - iPad Video.mov
Student Behavior Contract 2020- This student behavior contract needs to be completed by students as an assignment, which their teachers will assign in Google Classroom. Visit here to read the NYC DOE Discipline Code.
Technology: Getting a Device and Internet Access
- Request a device: schools.nyc.gov/devices
- Browse tech support topics: schools.nyc.gov/technicaltools
- File a tech support ticket: schools.nyc.gov/techsupport
- Get support with a DOE-issued iPad: schools.nyc.gov/ipadfixes
- Issues with your Internet connection: schools.nyc.gov/internet
- Technical Support for Families
- Getting Started with Your iPad
- iPad Video- to reset
- How to Access Google Classroom on XBOX & PS4
For questions, please contact the DIIT Help Desk at 718-935-5100.
Health & Safety Information
- Oral thermometers were distributed to families at pick-up/drop-off or backpacked home with students on the first day they attend school in-person along with this flyer that includes the link and QR code for the Health Screening Survey that should be completed at home before students arrive to school.
Student Spotlight 2020-2021
Visit back for December's Student Spotlights to be posted in January.
- Open Safety Meeting Resources - behavioral interventions for parents.pdf Open Safety Meeting agenda Draft 20-21.docx CAPP_Parent Packet_English.docx tutor 2020.docx
- Arrival Dismissal Areas.docx
- Water testing Results 2018 - Water testing 2018.docx
- ALL adults must show their Picture I.D. and sign-in with our School Safety Agent when entering our school building. All visitors should then proceed directly to the Main Office.
- School Website Home Page - listed under announcements on the School Website
- Remind App messages set up by the school & teachers.
- School Messenger - a Robo call or voice message is left on the Main Phone Number on the students' blue card. Please make sure your number on the Blue Card is updated.
- Google Classroom (codes listed below)
- NYC-10 Citywide Info Portal at any time for general information, and if you have any questions or concerns.
- CDC - Information from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- NYC DOE Information
- NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene
- PTA Updates - Use this link to download the app: https://www.remind.com/join/ps127t Or use without the app by texting #81010 to: @ps127
- Parent Corner - Parent Coordinator School Website Page
- Flu Information Fight Flu at Home and School 1.docx ,
- Next Gen Learning Standards Parent Resource Page
Class Google & Remind Codes - Updated 9/29/2020
Text 81010 to Join Your Child’s Class Remind App. Codes are listed by class below:
Inside the Classrooms...
Remote Learning Pictures! #PS127PROUD
- Zoom for Remote Teaching
- Amplify Resources
- Record, Edit & Share Videos
- HMH Resources
- The Core Collaborative
- Staff Device Request Form
- Math in the City
- Imagine Learning - TeachHub
- Audible Books
- Microsoft Teams-How to get Started
- WeTeachNYC Resources to Support Culturally Responsive and Sustaining Remote Instruction
- How to Set up Khan Academy?
- Power Knowledge Life Science
- Virtual Bulletin Board
- Easy Polls
- Teaching Matters
- NY Public Library
- Digital Lessons for Remote Learning
- Free Daily Check-In Google Forms for Distance Learning
- Smart EXCHANGE
- Mystery Science
- Author & Celebrity Read Alouds
- Center for Autism Distance Education
- UFT Teacher Resources
- Teach from Home
- At Home Learning Support from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Video to Help Link Pearsons Resources
- Video for Google Classroom Teachers
- Teachers Pay Teachers
Apps for Students
Apps for Dyslexic Learners
- Sounds Literacy
- What is Dyslexia
- Dyslexia Quest
- Happy Math Multiplications Rhymes
- Read 2 Me
- Phonics with Phonogram
- DD's Dictionary: A Dyslexic Dictionary
Apps for Autistic Learners
- Sight Words
- Sequences for Autism
- Words on Wheels
- Verbal Me
- Autism iHelp
- Autism DDT Shapes
- Autism DDT Letters
- Speech with Milo
Apps for the Visually Impaired
- Dragon Dictation
- Color ID
- Talking Calculator
Apps with Learners with Writing Difficulties
- The Writing Machine
- iWrite Words
- Letter School
- Alpha Writer
- ABC Pocket Phonics
- Word Magic
Book of the Month
- September -Germs Make Me Sick by Melvin Berger
- October - The Worried Worm by Jacqueline Osburn
- DOE - Activities for students
- Let's Learn NYC!
- Audible Books
- BK Public Library- Homeschool Resources
- Audible Elementary Books
- MoMath for Students
- Brain Pop
- PBS Kids
- Brooklyn Public Library
- Go Noodle
- Learn at Home
- Study Island
- Brooklyn Reads- Access to Digital Books
▪ Go to www.myon.com
▪ Click on “myON Login”
▪ Type in “Brooklyn Reads” under school name
▪ Click on “Brooklyn Reads Elementary”
▪ Username: brooklyn (not case sensitive)
▪ Password: read (case sensitive)
- Growing Book by Book
Activities for Students
- New York State Museum
- Jazz at Lincoln Center
- Learn at Home - Student Activities
- Physical Education At Home
- Math Field Trips
- GoNoodle helps get kids moving with short interactive activities. Help keep your kids engaged and motivated throughout the day.
- Go Noodle
- 20 Virtual Field Trips to Take with Kids!
- Kids Activities Blog - things for Students to do while they are home!
- The San Diego Zoo has a website just for kids with amazing videos, activities, and games. Enjoy the tour! https://kids.sandiegozoo.org/
✅Tour Yellowstone National Park!
✅Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover.
✅This Canadian site FarmFood 360 offers 11 Virtual Tours of farms from minks, pigs, and cows, to apples and eggs. https://www.farmfood360.ca/
✅Play games and learn all about animals
✅Travel to Paris, France to see amazing works of art at The Louvre with this virtual field trip. https://www.louvre.fr/en/visites-en-ligne
✅This Virtual Tour of the Great Wall of China is beautiful and makes history come to life.
Struggling Students & Special Needs
Statement on Accessibility
We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact our parent coordinator to request assistance.