Procedures on Days with Citywide Emergency Conditions or on Major Snow Days
Sign up for Important Updates from the P.S. 127
Besides NYC Media outlets and the official schools.nyc.gov website, P.S. 127 other means of communicating City and school wide messages:
- School Messenger - a Robo call or voice message is left on the Main Phone Number on the students' blue card. Please make sure your number on the Blue Card is updated.
- School Website Home Page - listed under announcements on the home page, mckinleypark127.org
- eChalk Notify System - an app downloaded at the Apple App Store: https://apple.co/2mkz4wD or Google Play Store: https://bit.ly/2NjIUtV. Once downloaded, you can login to receive critical messages and alerts from your school by entering our school code below:J4DOWY
School Survey Deadline is April 25th! Please send it in if you have not already.
SPRING BREAK - SCHOOL CLOSED
Fri, April 19 - April 26
Tues, Apr 30-Parent Workshop & Mandated Chaperone Meeting to discuss to Senior Trip, Graduation & End-of-Year activities.
Wed, May 1 & May 2 - NYS Math Exams for Grade 3, 4 & 5
May 8th - Senior Trip for Grade 5 to see King Kong on Broadway!
May 14th - 5th Grade Talent Show & Wax Museum
P.S. 127's RADIO BINGO! Thursday, May 16, 2019
2018 Water Testing Results - Water testing 2018.docx
A Letter from Eric L. Adams, Brooklyn Borough President
-Fall Elementary School Admissions Events -The DOE is hosting elementary school admissions events across New York City. Click here for more information: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UU4_lRGkisOkoU7ZFwAp740tQiNLOJH2
EVERY FRIDAY - School Spirit Day. Please wear your School Shirt to show your School Spirit
-NYC Schools Account: Parents may view NYS ELA TEST scores via their NYC Schools Account; information on NYC Schools accounts registration, see here. If assistance is needed, please see the Parent Coordinator.
-School Messenger - It is imperative that the telephone number that you provided to the school at the time of registration is working and updated. Please update with the office.
SCHOOL CLOSED-Spring RecessP.S. 127 The McKinley Park School
5th Grade Parent Workshop
A parent workshop and mandated chaperone meeting to discuss the Senior Trip, Graduation, & End-of-Year activities.P.S. 127 The McKinley Park School
NYS MATH EXAM - Grade 3/4/5P.S. 127 The McKinley Park School
School Spirit Day- Every FridayP.S. 127 The McKinley Park School
NO Family FridayP.S. 127 The McKinley Park School
Kindergarten Registration 2019-2020 School Year
Registration is by appointment only. Please call Mrs. Sciove in the Main Office at (718) 833-2323 extension 1041 to make an appointment.
In order to register your child, you must have the following with you:
* the CHILD you are registering
* the offer letter or email you received from the DOE
* the child’s BIRTH CERTIFICATE or PASSPORT
* TWO proofs of residence
* the child’s IMMUNIZATION RECORD
* Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable and available)
You must have all of the above information in order to register – we cannot register a student who is missing any documents. Be advised that photo ID is required at all times to enter our school building.
In order to save time, you can print out the registration packet below and bring the completed packet to your registration appointment. Otherwise, one can be filled out in the main office. The health form should be brought to your child’s pediatrician and must be returned during the first week of school (immunization record is still required for registration). Please be sure that all forms are signed, dated where indicated and filled out completely.
Documents for Registration Packets: (In Arabic, Chinese, English & Spanish)
- K Registration Packet Arabic.pdf
- K Registration Packet Chinese.pdf
- K Registration Packet English.pdf
- K Registration Packet Spanish.pdf
DEADLINE: MAY 3rd
Look Whats Happening at P.S. 127
Look at P.S. 127 Rocks! Club
Congratulations to the 2019 Creativity Convention Winners
~Come Join Us on Tuesdays for "Lets Learn English". Every Tuesday at 8:45AM - 9:45AM from February 12th - March 26th.
Relay for Life
Please Help Support the P.S. 127 Relay for Life Team Butterflies
We raised over $7,000 for the American Cancer Society in 2018! Thank you for all who helped us surpass our goal! We encourage teamwork here at P.S. 127, so lets be a team and help spread the word about The American Cancer Society and Relay For Life! Help "P.S. 127 Butterflies" raise money to support the American Cancer Society. All Proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society. Thank You!
Our newsletter is full of interesting information about what’s going on in school and includes upcoming events, and useful dates.
P.S. 127 Respect For All Liaison
718 833 2323 x 3091
Click Here! Counselors Corner
Click here for more PTA Info!
P.S. 127 's General Information
Come Join Us for Radio Bingo!
Water testing Results 2018 - Water testing 2018.docx
Winter will be here soon, and so will the flu. Influenza is a respiratory disease that can spread easily. While most people are sick for a few days and then get better, some can get very sick, even those who are perfectly healthy before getting the flu.
Vaccination is the best way to protect your child from the flu. The New York City Health Department recommends that everyone 6 months of age and older receive the flu vaccine. The New York City Department of Education recommends that every student receive the vaccine. Vaccinating your child against the flu reduces the likelihood they will get the disease. If your child receives the flu vaccine but still gets sick, it is likely their illness will be less severe.
There are several ways to get your child a flu vaccine:
- Ask your child’s regular health care provider about the vaccine.
- If your child’s school has a School-Based Health Center (SBHC), you can give consent for your child to receive a flu vaccine from the SBHC.
- Visit a pharmacy: pharmacists can now vaccinate children 2 years of age and older. Check with the pharmacist at your local pharmacy to see if they vaccinate children and from what age. Pharmacies offer walk-in service and evening and weekend hours.
To find a clinic or pharmacy, visit nyc.gov/health/map, call 311 or text "flu" to 877877.
If you have any questions or want more information, talk to your doctor or call 311.
7:45 AM - Doors open for the Free Breakfast Program on the 79th street side of the school building (Hot Lunchroom)
7:45 AM - Doors open for Early Drop Off on the 78th street side of the school building (Cold Lunchroom)
8:15 AM - Breakfast ends
8:20 AM - All students report to their classroom where their teacher(s) will welcome them
- ALL adults must show their Picture I.D. and sign-in with our School Safety Agent when entering our school building. All visitors should then proceed directly to the Main Office.