Our newsletter is full of interesting information about what’s going on in school and includes upcoming events, and useful dates.
Thurs, Nov 1st - Food Kick Off Drive
Mon, Nov 12th - School Closed for Veterans Day
Wed, Nov 14th - Kindergarten Open House @ 9AM & Bake Sale
Thurs, Nov 15th - PTA Mtg @ 8:45AM,
PTC 12:40-2:40 & 4:30-7:30
Fri, Nov 16th - Food Drive Ends & Sweet Shop
Fall Elementary School Admissions Events
The DOE is hosting elementary school admissions events across New York City. To serve all families, interpreters will be available to address families’ questions, and materials will be provided in all ten DOE languages;
Elementary school events will also include school-locator stations for families to search for their zoned and non-zoned school options, and allow families to request to take the Gifted & Talented exam. Note that families can subscribe to the DOE’s email newsletters for reminders about the elementary school admissions process and important deadlines
If the parents click on the link below, they will see a Elementary School Flyer in different languages.
***Sign up for important updates from the PTA- go to rmd.at/ps127t, download the Remind app, text the message @ps127t to the number 81010.
EVERY FRIDAY - School Spirit Day. Please wear your School Shirt to show your School Spirit
-NYC Schools Account: Parents may view NYS ELA TEST scores via their NYC Schools Account; information on NYC Schools accounts registration, see here. If assistance is needed, please see the Parent Coordinator.
School Messenger - It is imperative that the telephone number that you provided to the school at the time of registration is working. If you have a change of telephone number or are not sure what telephone number you first had listed with us, please update with the office.
Food DriveP.S. 127 The McKinley Park School
In-School Bake SaleP.S. 127 The McKinley Park School
Kindergarten Open House 9AMP.S. 127 The McKinley Park School
PTA Mtg 8:45AMP.S. 127 The McKinley Park School
PTC - 12:40PM-2:40PMP.S. 127 The McKinley Park School
Relay for Life
Please Help Support the P.S. 127 Relay for Life Team Butterflies
We raised over $7,000 for the American Cancer Society! Thank you for all who helped us surpass our goal! We encourage teamwork here at P.S. 127, so lets be a team and help spread the word about The American Cancer Society and Relay For Life! Help "P.S. 127 Butterflies" raise money to support the American Cancer Society. All Proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society. Thank You!
Kindergarten Registration 2018-2019 School Year
Please call the office at 718-833-2323, to make an appointment.
When you register, you must bring the following:
The child you are registering
The offer letter you received from the DOE
Child’s birth certificate or passport
Two proofs of residence
Child’s Immunization Record
Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable and available)
Please note that students’ immunizations must be up-to-date to start school in September. You may use these guides as references for the required immunizations:, Health New York Health NY Gov
Read all forms carefully in the registration packet. Check for 2 sided documents.
Print clearly when completing the forms. Doing so will help in keeping accurate records.
Be sure all forms are signed and dated where indicated. All forms should be filled out completely.
The health form (last page) should be brought to your child’s doctor and must be returned during the first week of school.
Registration forms are below (so they may be competed ahead of time) as well as in the Main Office. Click on the Link below for the Documents for Registration Packets: (In English, Spanish, Arabic & Chinese) Kindergarten_Packets.zip
If you have any questions, please contact Anna Sciove at (718) 833 - 2323
Parent Coordinator Corner
P.S. 127 Respect For All Liaison
718 833 2323 x 3091
Click Here! Counselors Corner
Click here for more PTA Info!
P.S. 127 's General Information
Winter will be here soon, and so will the flu. Influenza is a respiratory disease that can spread easily. While most people are sick for a few days and then get better, some can get very sick, even those who are perfectly healthy before getting the flu.
Vaccination is the best way to protect your child from the flu. The New York City Health Department recommends that everyone 6 months of age and older receive the flu vaccine. The New York City Department of Education recommends that every student receive the vaccine. Vaccinating your child against the flu reduces the likelihood they will get the disease. If your child receives the flu vaccine but still gets sick, it is likely their illness will be less severe.
There are several ways to get your child a flu vaccine:
- Ask your child’s regular health care provider about the vaccine.
- If your child’s school has a School-Based Health Center (SBHC), you can give consent for your child to receive a flu vaccine from the SBHC.
- Visit a pharmacy: pharmacists can now vaccinate children 2 years of age and older. Check with the pharmacist at your local pharmacy to see if they vaccinate children and from what age. Pharmacies offer walk-in service and evening and weekend hours.
To find a clinic or pharmacy, visit nyc.gov/health/map, call 311 or text "flu" to 877877.
If you have any questions or want more information, talk to your doctor or call 311.
7:45 AM - Doors open for the Free Breakfast Program on the 79th street side of the school building (Hot Lunchroom)
7:45 AM - Doors open for Early Drop Off on the 78th street side of the school building (Cold Lunchroom)
8:15 AM - Breakfast ends
8:20 AM - All students report to their classroom where their teacher(s) will welcome them
- ALL adults must show their Picture I.D. and sign-in with our School Safety Agent when entering our school building. All visitors should then proceed directly to the Main Office.
- Procedures on Days with Citywide Emergency Conditions/ Major Storm Days - In the case of a day with citywide emergency conditions or a major storm day, the Chancellor will make an announcement to all public schools in the city on whether to close schools or delay their opening. This announcement is made in consultation with other City officials. By 6:00 a.m. the decision is announced on the 311 Information Line, on the Department of Education website Home Page (which can be accessed at https://www.nycenet.edu/) and on the following radio stations in the city: WINS (1010 AM), WCBS (880 AM), WLIB (1190 AM), WBLS (107.5 FM), WNYE (91.5 FM), as well as the following television stations: WCBS (Channel 2), WNBC (Channel 4), WNYW (Fox Channel 5), WABC (Channel 7), WNYE (Channel 25), and "NY 1" (Channel 1 on cable television).
- Statement on Accessibility: We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact Stephanie Bonomolo to request assistance. Thank You.
Look Whats Happening at P.S. 127
Pumpkin Decorating Contest - Students are invited to decorate a pumpkin and enter it into a school wide contest.
Halloween - Wednesday, October 31st - our 2018 Halloween Parade will take place.
Now Collecting Senior Dues