- COMMUNITY EDUCATION COUNCIL DISTRICT 20 Invites You to Join us for our April 2021 Monthly Meeting on April 14th at 6pm. CEC20 April 2021 Meeting Flyer & CEC20 April 2021 Monthly Agenda
- April 8th - Confirmed Case of COVID-19: DOE - Confirmed With Potential Exposures 4-8-21
- Monday, April 19th at 2:00pm - Welcome to Kindergarten Parent Information Session
- COMMUNITY EDUCATION COUNCIL DISTRICT 20 Invites You to Join us for our April 2021 Monthly Meeting on April 14th at 6pm. CEC20 April 2021 Meeting Flyer.pdf
- Virtual Arts Night is April 16. Please see the flyer Virtual Art Night Flyer 4-16 4-23.docx
- 2020-2021 Link to 5th Grade Dues. All money is deposited automatically into the PTA account for 5th Grade dues for end of the year activities. More information is to come.
- Midori & Friends Upcoming Virtual Events
- Poem in your Pocket - April 29th. April is National Poetry Month and to culminate this month-long celebration of the genre of poetry, we will participate in Poem in your Pocket Day, on April 29th.
- Join the PTA facebook page! PS 127 McKinley Park The Official Facebook Group
- New Kindergarten Families, please view our video of P.S. 127! Welcome to P.S. 127!
- If you have not already done so , please fill out the Emergency Contact Card.pdf and submit to your child's classroom teacher. Directions for filling out and submitting forms.docx .Thank you!
- Student Behavior Contract 2020- This student behavior contract needs to be completed by students as an assignment, which their teachers will assign in Google Classroom. Visit here to read the NYC DOE Discipline Code.
Technology: Getting a Device and Internet Access
- Request a device: schools.nyc.gov/devices
- Browse tech support topics: schools.nyc.gov/technicaltools
- File a tech support ticket: schools.nyc.gov/techsupport
- Get support with a DOE-issued iPad: schools.nyc.gov/ipadfixes
- Issues with your Internet connection: schools.nyc.gov/internet
- Technical Support for Families
- Getting Started with Your iPad
- iPad Video- to reset
- How to Access Google Classroom on XBOX & PS4
For questions, please contact the DIIT Help Desk at 718-935-5100.
Health & Safety Information
-Anyone coming "in-person", that the NYCDOE Health Screening has been updated. Question 3 now asks about vaccination status and/or if you have tested positive for Covid-19 within the past 90 days. Please be sure to read carefully, so that you can answer questions accurately. This change is for all who will enter the building - including staff, students, and visitors.
- Oral thermometers were distributed to families at pick-up/drop-off or backpacked home with students on the first day they attend school in-person along with this flyer that includes the link and QR code for the Health Screening Survey that should be completed at home before students arrive to school.
- Open Safety Meeting Resources - behavioral interventions for parents.pdf Open Safety Meeting agenda Draft 20-21.docx CAPP_Parent Packet_English.docx tutor 2020.docx
- Arrival Dismissal Areas.docx
- ALL adults must show their Picture I.D. and sign-in with our School Safety Agent when entering our school building. All visitors should then proceed directly to the Main Office.
- School Website Home Page - listed under announcements on the School Website
- Remind App messages set up by the school & teachers.
- School Messenger - a Robo call or voice message is left on the Main Phone Number on the students' blue card. Please make sure your number on the Blue Card is updated.
- Google Classroom (codes listed below)
- NYC-10 Citywide Info Portal at any time for general information, and if you have any questions or concerns.
- CDC - Information from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- NYC DOE Information
- NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene
- PTA Updates - Use this link to download the app: https://www.remind.com/join/ps127t Or use without the app by texting #81010 to: @ps127
- Parent Corner - Parent Coordinator School Website Page
- Flu Information Fight Flu at Home and School 1.docx ,
- Next Gen Learning Standards Parent Resource Page
Class Google & Remind Codes - Updated 9/29/2020
Text 81010 to Join Your Child’s Class Remind App. Codes are listed by class below:
- DOE - Activities for students
- Let's Learn NYC!
- Audible Books
- BK Public Library- Homeschool
- Audible Elementary Books
- MoMath for Students
- Brain Pop
- PBS Kids
- Brooklyn Public Library
- Go Noodle
- Learn at Home
- Study Island
- Brooklyn Reads- Access to Digital Books
▪ Go to www.myon.com
▪ Click on “myON Login”
▪ Type in “Brooklyn Reads” under school name
▪ Click on “Brooklyn Reads Elementary”
▪ Username: brooklyn (not case sensitive)
▪ Password: read (case sensitive)
- Growing Book by Book
Activities for Students
- Students Entering Grades 1-12 in September can Apply Now for Exciting STEM Summer Enrichment Programs! Application Link
- New York State Museum
- Jazz at Lincoln Center
- Learn at Home - Student Activities
- Physical Education At Home
- Math Field Trips
- GoNoodle helps get kids moving with short interactive activities. Help keep your kids engaged and motivated throughout the day.
- Go Noodle
- 20 Virtual Field Trips to Take with Kids!
- Kids Activities Blog - things for Students to do while they are home!
- The San Diego Zoo has a website just for kids with amazing videos, activities, and games. Enjoy the tour! https://kids.sandiegozoo.org/
✅Tour Yellowstone National Park!
✅Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover.
✅This Canadian site FarmFood 360 offers 11 Virtual Tours of farms from minks, pigs, and cows, to apples and eggs. https://www.farmfood360.ca/
✅Play games and learn all about animals
✅Travel to Paris, France to see amazing works of art at The Louvre with this virtual field trip. https://www.louvre.fr/en/visites-en-ligne
✅This Virtual Tour of the Great Wall of China is beautiful and makes history come to life.
Remote Learning Pictures! #PS127PROUD
Inside the Classrooms...
K-106 - STEAM Project Balloons
1D1 - All About Books
1D2 NYC Landmarks
2nd Grade Remote - Padlet
2nd Grade Remote - Padlet
3rd Grade Remote - Cultures & Traditions
3-204 - STEAM Bridges
Statement on Accessibility
We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact our parent coordinator to request assistance.