School will Remain Closed. Any students who still need a Remote Learning Device, please call 718-935-5100 and press #5 to complete a survey .
- Summer School Calendar 2019-2020 - NEW.pdf
- Update for Families-May 19.pdf
- Update for Families-MISC_May 18.pdf
- Barclays_Distribution Flyer.pdf
- Update for Families_PMIS_May 11 2020.pdf
- D20 2 elementary grading policy for remote learning 5-14-20 2 3.docx
- Remote Learning Device Request
- How is Remote Learning Working Survey. Please Complete by May 1st
- Technical Support for Families
- Families Please Read -
- NY State of Health Letter to Families.pdf
STUDENT AND FAMILY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR REMOTE LEARNING: In order to keep students and families safe, healthy, and informed as the coronavirus evolves in New York City public schools we are converting to remote learning to deliver instruction to students. We will be using Google Classroom and the REMIND App to communicate with families. It is expected that students regularly log in and complete work to be accountable to the academic standards for their grade. Expectations for students and families include:
- Students should complete instructional activities assigned by teachers within the expected timelines.
- Students should participate in check-ins, discussions, and other communication mechanisms as expected by the teacher.
- Students should review teacher feedback and complete any follow-up activities as assigned by the teacher.
- Students and families should proactively notify their teacher or a school administrator school with any concerns about progress or additional support needed.
- Families should support students in being successful by establishing routines and habits that support their success in remote learning.
- Families should ensure that students are adhering to their school’s contract for appropriate behavior on web enabled devices. This includes that online learning should stay on the platform being used and cannot be shared on any social media.
- Students may only access Google Classroom using the student accounts that their teachers provided. Parent accounts should not be used on Classroom pages. Coordinate with individual teachers if there is any issue.
- Click here for Google Classroom Codes 3-19.docx
- How to Access Google Classroom on XBOX & PS4
- Click here for information on free Wireless Services Internet Service Providers.pdf
- Regional Enrichment Centers
- COVID-19 Food Assistance Resources
- Find a Free Meal Location Near You
- P.S. 127 is a Grab & Go Site! Monday-Friday from 7:30AM-1:30PM. More information for Free Meal Information around the city: Free Meals Daily & Food Pantry List.docx
- Instructional Resources
- Learn at Home
- Remote Learning Link
- FAQ for remote learning.docx
Remote Learning Pictures! #PS127PROUD
Book of the Month
- Jackie Robinson Musuem
- Audible Books
- BK Public Library- Homeschool Resources
- Audible Elementary Books
- MoMath for Students
- Brain Pop
- PBS Kids
- Brooklyn Public Library
- Go Noodle
- Learn at Home
- Study Island
- Brooklyn Reads- Access to Digital Books
▪ Go to www.myon.com
▪ Click on “myON Login”
▪ Type in “Brooklyn Reads” under school name
▪ Click on “Brooklyn Reads Elementary”
▪ Username: brooklyn (not case sensitive)
▪ Password: read (case sensitive)
- Growing Book by Book
Activities for Students- Keep them Engaged & Motivated!
- Jazz at Lincoln Center
- Learn at Home - Student Activities
- Physical Education At Home
- Math Field Trips
- GoNoodle helps get kids moving with short interactive activities. Help keep your kids engaged and motivated throughout the day.
- Go Noodle
- 20 Virtual Field Trips to Take with Kids!
- Kids Activities Blog - things for Students to do while they are home!
- The San Diego Zoo has a website just for kids with amazing videos, activities, and games. Enjoy the tour! https://kids.sandiegozoo.org/
✅Tour Yellowstone National Park!
✅Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover.
✅This Canadian site FarmFood 360 offers 11 Virtual Tours of farms from minks, pigs, and cows, to apples and eggs. https://www.farmfood360.ca/
✅Play games and learn all about animals
✅Travel to Paris, France to see amazing works of art at The Louvre with this virtual field trip. https://www.louvre.fr/en/visites-en-ligne
✅This Virtual Tour of the Great Wall of China is beautiful and makes history come to life.
Struggling Students & Special Needs
Kindergarten Registration 2020-2021 School Year
Class Remind Codes
Text 81010 to Join Your Child’s Class Remind App. Codes are listed by class below:
- K-102 =@mnerim
- K-105 = @k10520192
- K-106 = @k10620
- K-107 = @bea89cc
- K-108 = @mrsjackk
- 1-101 = 110120
- 1-103 = @1-103
- 1-202 = @fc4bdc
- 2-201 =@acares
- 2-208 =@ayeu
- 2-209 = @class22092
- 2-210 =@lwilson12
- 3-203 = @room3203
- 3-204 = @class32042
- 3-207 = @69ba3g
- 4-301 =@f3h8ac
- 4-302 =@migibi
- 4-306 = 4306ed
- Mrs. Pantazis & Mrs. Gangi /Reading, Writing, & SS= @msgangiw
- Ms. Miller = @msmiller53
- Ms. Bilz/Math = @msbilzmat
- 3/4/5-206 = @345206
- ENL K/1=@enlmsme
- ENL 2/3=
- ENL 4/5= @49g9bh
- Clusters-Art/Dance/Physical Education/Science=@danceartp
- Admissions Engagement
- ZOOM - Update for Families-Zoom.pdf
- May 2020- MH Awaness Month.docx
- Technical Support for Families
In order to promote a culture of appreciation and celebration of teacher dedication, families are encouraged to celebrate their teachers during Teacher Appreciation Week, May 4–8; this includes National Teacher Day on May 5. You can celebrate teachers by:
- Families (in accordance with DOE Digital Citizenship and Social Media Guidelines) can post photos of remote learning on social media using the hashtag #ThankATeacherNYC and #DOEConnected; and
- Sending notes of gratitude to recognize teachers via the online Teacher Thank You Tool.
- Crisis or Traumatic Event
- Google Classroom Student Tutorial -available in multiple languages
- How can I change the language on my device to my preferred language?
- If you have NETFLIX -- they added LeapFrog Letter Factory, Phonics and Numberland.
- PARENTAL TRANSLATION & INTERPRETATION RESOURCES FOR REMOTE LEARNING
- Wellness Wednesday
- Coronavirus Parenting_ One Mom s 5 Rules to Get Through.pdf
- Getting Started in Google Classrooms
- How to Get Started in Microsoft Teams
- Supporting Parents of Children with Autism Through COVID-19 Click here to register here
- Family Technology Support
- Access the Google Classroom on either your Xbox or PS4
- Video Google Classroom for Parents
- Video for Google Hang Outs
- Tutorial for Students & Parents
- NYC Center for Aerospace
- Amplify Resources
- Record, Edit & Share Videos
- HMH Resources
- Earth Day at Home
- Earth Day at Home - 1
- K-5 SEL Resources_Articles Apps Activities.pdf
- Jackie Robinson Museum
- The Core Collaborative
- Staff Device Request Form
- Math in the City
- Imagine Learning - TeachHub
- Audible Books
- Microsoft Teams-How to get Started
- Bereavement Support.pdf
- WeTeachNYC Resources to Support Culturally Responsive and Sustaining Remote Instruction
- How to Set up Khan Academy?
- Power Knowlegde Life Science
- Virtual Bulletin Board
- 2020 Covid-19 time capsule sheets.pdf
- Easy Polls
- Teaching Matters
- NY Public Library
- Digital Lessons for Remote Learning
- Free Daily Check-In Google Forms for Distance Learning
- Best Practices for Holding IEP Meetings.pdf
- Smart EXCHANGE
- Mystery Science
- Spring 2020 Art Ed Support
- Author & Celebrity Read Alouds
- Sanford Harmony Conversation Information - SH Upper-Grades_Conversations Cards.pdf , SH Lower-Grades_Conversations Cards.pdf , Unit 1.pdf Unit 2.pdf , Pre-K_K_Unit_2_Storybook.pdf
- Center for Autism Distance Education
- Sanford Programs - Sign up for Free Webinar
- UFT Teacher Resources
- Teaching Matters
- Remote Learning Calendar
- Audible.com - Elementary Books
- Teach from Home
- Zoom Tips for Educators
- OTIS -Online Technology and Instructional Sessions
- At Home Learning Support from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Video to Help Link Pearsons Resources
- Video for Google Classroom Teachers
- Teachers Pay Teachers
Apps for Students
Apps for Dyslexic Learners
- Sounds Literacy
- What is Dyslexia
- Dyslexia Quest
- Happy Math Multiplications Rhymes
- Read 2 Me
- Phonics with Phonogram
- DD's Dictionary: A Dyslexic Dictionary
Apps for Autistic Learners
- Sight Words
- Sequences for Autism
- Words on Wheels
- Verbal Me
- Autism iHelp
- Autism DDT Shapes
- Autism DDT Letters
- Speech with Milo
Apps for the Visually Impaired
- Dragon Dictation
- Color ID
- Talking Calculator
Apps with Learners with Writing Difficulties
- The Writing Machine
- iWrite Words
- Letter School
- Alpha Writer
- ABC Pocket Phonics
- Word Magic
Counseling Student Resources
P.S. 127 's General Information
Water testing Results 2018 - Water testing 2018.docx
7:45 AM - Doors open for the Free Breakfast Program on the 79th street side of the school building (Hot Lunchroom)
7:45 AM - Doors open for Early Drop Off on the 78th street side of the school building (Cold Lunchroom)
8:15 AM - Breakfast ends
8:20 AM - All students report to their classroom where their teacher(s) will welcome them
- ALL adults must show their Picture I.D. and sign-in with our School Safety Agent when entering our school building. All visitors should then proceed directly to the Main Office.
- Procedures on Days with Citywide Emergency Conditions/ Major Storm Days - In the case of a day with citywide emergency conditions or a major storm day, the Chancellor will make an announcement to all public schools in the city on whether to close schools or delay their opening. This announcement is made in consultation with other City officials. By 6:00 a.m. the decision is announced on the 311 Information Line, on the Department of Education website Home Page (which can be accessed at https://www.nycenet.edu/) and on the following radio stations in the city: WINS (1010 AM), WCBS (880 AM), WLIB (1190 AM), WBLS (107.5 FM), WNYE (91.5 FM), as well as the following television stations: WCBS (Channel 2), WNBC (Channel 4), WNYW (Fox Channel 5), WABC (Channel 7), WNYE (Channel 25), and "NY 1" (Channel 1 on cable television).
- Statement on Accessibility: We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact Stephanie Bonomolo to request assistance. Thank You.
- Visit nyc.gov/coronavirus at any time for general information, and if you have any questions or concerns.
- News from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https/www.cdc.gov/
- Germ Prevention Ltr to Parents
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Video from State Senator Andrew Gounardes Coronavirus Message for Students
- NYC Schools Account: Parents may view their child’s scores via their NYC Schools Account; more information on NYC Schools accounts registration is found here. If assistance is needed, please see the Parent Coordinator.
- NYC DOE at here
- School Website Home Page - listed under announcements on the home page of the School Website
- Class Pages on the website for any updates under the "Class Pages" at the top of the homepage.
- Remind App messages set up by teachers.
- School Messenger - a Robo call or voice message is left on the Main Phone Number on the students' blue card. Please make sure your number on the Blue Card is updated.
- NYC Dept of Health & Mental Hygiene
- Procedures on Days with Citywide Emergency Conditions or on Major Snow Days - Besides NYC Media outlets and the official schools.nyc.gov website, P.S. 127 other means of communicating City and school wide messages.
PTA Updates - Use this link to download the app: https://www.remind.com/join/ps127t Or use without the app by texting #81010 to: @ps127t
Parent Corner - Click for the Parent Coordinator Page
- Flu Information Fight Flu at Home and School 1.docx ,
- View the Next Gen Learning Standards Parent Resource link Link
This suspension for the remainder of the school year applies to the following New York State testing programs:
- New York State Grades 3-8 English Language Arts Test;
- New York State Grades 3-8 Mathematics Test;
- New York State Grade 4 Elementary-Level Science Test;
- New York State English as a Second Language Achievement Test (NYSESLAT) in Grades K-12; and
- New York State Alternate Assessment (NYSAA) for students with severe cognitive disabilities in Grades 3-8 and high school.
Relay for Life
Please Help Support the P.S. 127 Relay for Life Team Butterflies
You can donate by this link Team Butterflies. We encourage teamwork here at P.S. 127, so lets be a team and help spread the word about The American Cancer Society and Relay For Life! Help "P.S. 127 Butterflies" raise money to support the American Cancer Society. All Proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society. Thank you.
Statement on Accessibility
We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact our parent coordinator to request assistance.