On behalf of the P.S. 127 staff, we would like to wish all our wonderful families a happy and healthy Thanksgiving.
We are thankful for each and every one of you. Please stay safe.
*SCHOOLS ARE TEMPORARILY CLOSED*
As you know, all public-school buildings will be closed until further notice. The City and State have not yet decided on their plan to reopen buildings, and the Mayor has indicated that all schools will remain closed until at least after the Thanksgiving weekend. We will provide updates as soon as we are able.
- Help Support our school! Our PTA is hosting a virtual fundraiser with Meadow Farms, which offers a range of price points and items perfect for the holidays. Attached, you will find a link with directions on how to set up your child’s account. With this, you will be able to share with family and friends around the country, to help us reach our goals. A portion of the proceeds will go to remote enrichment activities, so that even while apart, we’re still together. For more information, visit our PTA page.
- Information & Support for Families 11/19/2020. Agenda
- Family & Student Information Sessions -Thursday, November 19, 2020 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm. Please join us at our next Family and Student Information Session. We want to hear from you! We know that many families are considering whether to “opt-in” to blended learning, and want to provide an opportunity for families to ask question and learn the most up-to-date information about blended learning. This event is also an opportunity for you to share your experiences of back to school for you and your family. Registration is open for both events and families can submit questions by completing the online registration. Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese and ASL interpretation will be provided. Anyone can access the livestream at the time of the event by accessing this link: https://learndoe.org/face/live/
Choosing Your Learning Preference - November 15th Deadline -DOE public schools offer blended/in-person learning (a mix of in-person days at school and remote-learning days at home) and fully remote learning. Learn more about blended/in-person learning and the 2020-2021 school year on our Return to School 2020 web pages.
YDR is currently still in the enrollment process with an expectation to fill up our slots. Please fill out this survey -October Survey.docx
November Newsletter- Posted under McKinley Monthly Tab Below
Students must return ALL textbooks that were sent home in March: Journeys, Science, Social Studies. If they are remote only, they can bring them in at a time that is convenient for them.
How to Reset DOE iPad - iPad Video.mov
REMINDER - Log in to the NYC Schools Account by going HERE to make certain you can access your child's information.
Student Behavior Contract 2020- This student behavior contract needs to be completed by students as an assignment, which their teachers will assign in Google Classroom. Visit here to read the NYC DOE Discipline Code.
Technology: Getting a Device and Internet Access
- Request a device: schools.nyc.gov/devices
- Browse tech support topics: schools.nyc.gov/technicaltools
- File a tech support ticket: schools.nyc.gov/techsupport
- Get support with a DOE-issued iPad: schools.nyc.gov/ipadfixes
- Issues with your Internet connection: schools.nyc.gov/internet
- Technical Support for Families
- Getting Started with Your iPad
- iPad Video- to reset
- How to Access Google Classroom on XBOX & PS4
For questions, please contact the DIIT Help Desk at 718-935-5100.
Health & Safety Information
- Oral thermometers were distributed to families at pick-up/drop-off or backpacked home with students on the first day they attend school in-person along with this flyer that includes the link and QR code for the Health Screening Survey that should be completed at home before students arrive to school.
- Zoom for Remote Teaching
- Amplify Resources
- Record, Edit & Share Videos
- HMH Resources
- K-5 SEL Resources_Articles Apps Activities.pdf
- The Core Collaborative
- Staff Device Request Form
- Math in the City
- Imagine Learning - TeachHub
- Audible Books
- Microsoft Teams-How to get Started
- Bereavement Support.pdf
- WeTeachNYC Resources to Support Culturally Responsive and Sustaining Remote Instruction
- How to Set up Khan Academy?
- Power Knowlegde Life Science
- Virtual Bulletin Board
- 2020 Covid-19 time capsule sheets.pdf
- Easy Polls
- Teaching Matters
- NY Public Library
- Digital Lessons for Remote Learning
- Free Daily Check-In Google Forms for Distance Learning
- Best Practices for Holding IEP Meetings.pdf
- Smart EXCHANGE
- Mystery Science
- Author & Celebrity Read Alouds
- Sanford Harmony Conversation Information - SH Upper-Grades_Conversations Cards.pdf , SH Lower-Grades_Conversations Cards.pdf , Unit 1.pdf Unit 2.pdf , Pre-K_K_Unit_2_Storybook.pdf
- Center for Autism Distance Education
- UFT Teacher Resources
- Teach from Home
- At Home Learning Support from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Video to Help Link Pearsons Resources
- Video for Google Classroom Teachers
- Teachers Pay Teachers
- School Website Home Page - listed under announcements on the home page of the School Website
- Remind App messages set up school & teachers.
- School Messenger - a Robo call or voice message is left on the Main Phone Number on the students' blue card. Please make sure your number on the Blue Card is updated.
- Google Classroom
- Visit nyc.gov/coronavirus at any time for general information, and if you have any questions or concerns.
- News from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https/www.cdc.gov/
- NYC DOE at here
- NYC Dept of Health & Mental Hygiene
- PTA Updates - Use this link to download the app: https://www.remind.com/join/ps127t Or use without the app by texting #81010 to: @ps127
- Parent Corner - Click for the Parent Coordinator Page
- Flu Information Fight Flu at Home and School 1.docx ,
- View the Next Gen Learning Standards Parent Resource link Link
October Newsletter - *New Format
Past Months Newsletters
Class Google & Remind Codes - Updated 9/29/2020
Text 81010 to Join Your Child’s Class Remind App. Codes are listed by class below:
Apps for Students
Apps for Dyslexic Learners
- Sounds Literacy
- What is Dyslexia
- Dyslexia Quest
- Happy Math Multiplications Rhymes
- Read 2 Me
- Phonics with Phonogram
- DD's Dictionary: A Dyslexic Dictionary
Apps for Autistic Learners
- Sight Words
- Sequences for Autism
- Words on Wheels
- Verbal Me
- Autism iHelp
- Autism DDT Shapes
- Autism DDT Letters
- Speech with Milo
Apps for the Visually Impaired
- Dragon Dictation
- Color ID
- Talking Calculator
Apps with Learners with Writing Difficulties
- The Writing Machine
- iWrite Words
- Letter School
- Alpha Writer
- ABC Pocket Phonics
- Word Magic
Book of the Month
- September -Germs Make Me Sick by Melvin Berger
- October - The Worried Worm by Jacqueline Osburn
- DOE - Activities for students
- Let's Learn NYC!
- Audible Books
- BK Public Library- Homeschool Resources
- Audible Elementary Books
- MoMath for Students
- Brain Pop
- PBS Kids
- Brooklyn Public Library
- Go Noodle
- Learn at Home
- Study Island
- Brooklyn Reads- Access to Digital Books
▪ Go to www.myon.com
▪ Click on “myON Login”
▪ Type in “Brooklyn Reads” under school name
▪ Click on “Brooklyn Reads Elementary”
▪ Username: brooklyn (not case sensitive)
▪ Password: read (case sensitive)
- Growing Book by Book
Activities for Students
- New York State Museum
- Jazz at Lincoln Center
- Learn at Home - Student Activities
- Physical Education At Home
- Math Field Trips
- GoNoodle helps get kids moving with short interactive activities. Help keep your kids engaged and motivated throughout the day.
- Go Noodle
- 20 Virtual Field Trips to Take with Kids!
- Kids Activities Blog - things for Students to do while they are home!
- The San Diego Zoo has a website just for kids with amazing videos, activities, and games. Enjoy the tour! https://kids.sandiegozoo.org/
✅Tour Yellowstone National Park!
✅Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover.
✅This Canadian site FarmFood 360 offers 11 Virtual Tours of farms from minks, pigs, and cows, to apples and eggs. https://www.farmfood360.ca/
✅Play games and learn all about animals
✅Travel to Paris, France to see amazing works of art at The Louvre with this virtual field trip. https://www.louvre.fr/en/visites-en-ligne
✅This Virtual Tour of the Great Wall of China is beautiful and makes history come to life.
Struggling Students & Special Needs
Remote Learning Pictures! #PS127PROUD
Supply Lists 2020 - 2021
Statement on Accessibility
We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact our parent coordinator to request assistance.