REMOTE LEARNING AT P.S.127
Families Please Read - Coronavirus Update for Families-Spring Recess_April 3 2020.pdf
STUDENT AND FAMILY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR REMOTE LEARNING: In order to keep students and families safe, healthy, and informed as the coronavirus evolves in New York City public schools we are converting to remote learning to deliver instruction to students. We will be using Google Classroom and the REMIND App to communicate with families. It is expected that students regularly log in and complete work to be accountable to the academic standards for their grade. Expectations for students and families include:
- Students should complete instructional activities assigned by teachers within the expected timelines.
- Students should participate in check-ins, discussions, and other communication mechanisms as expected by the teacher.
- Students should review teacher feedback and complete any follow-up activities as assigned by the teacher.
- Students and families should proactively notify their teacher or a school administrator school with any concerns about progress or additional support needed.
- Families should support students in being successful by establishing routines and habits that support their success in remote learning.
- Families should ensure that students are adhering to their school’s contract for appropriate behavior on web enabled devices. This includes that online learning should stay on the platform being used and cannot be shared on any social media.
- Students may only access Google Classroom using the student accounts that their teachers provided. Parent accounts should not be used on Classroom pages. Coordinate with individual teachers if there is any issue.
Click here for Google Classroom Codes 3-19.docx
Click here for information on free Wireless Services Internet Service Providers.pdf
P.S. 127 is a Grab & Go Site! Monday-Friday from 7:30AM-1:30PM. More information for Free Meal Information around the city: Free Meals Daily & Food Pantry List.docx
Remote Learning Pictures! #PS127PROUD
Book of the Month
- BK Public Library- Homeschool Resources
- Audible Elementary Books
- MoMath for Students
- Reading Assistant
- Brain Pop
- PBS Kids
- Brooklyn Public Library
- Go Noodle
- Learn at Home
- Study Island
- Edmentrum -Free Printables
- Brooklyn Reads- Access to Digital Books
▪ Go to www.myon.com
▪ Click on “myON Login”
▪ Type in “Brooklyn Reads” under school name
▪ Click on “Brooklyn Reads Elementary”
▪ Username: brooklyn (not case sensitive)
▪ Password: read (case sensitive)
- Growing Book by Book
Activities for Students- Keep them Engaged & Motivated!
- Physical Education At Home
- Math Field Trips
- GoNoodle helps get kids moving with short interactive activities. Help keep your kids engaged and motivated throughout the day.
- Go Noodle
- 20 Virtual Field Trips to Take with Kids!
- Kids Activities Blog - things for Students to do while they are home!
- The San Diego Zoo has a website just for kids with amazing videos, activities, and games. Enjoy the tour! https://kids.sandiegozoo.org/
✅Tour Yellowstone National Park!
✅Explore the surface of Mars on the Curiosity Rover.
✅This Canadian site FarmFood 360 offers 11 Virtual Tours of farms from minks, pigs, and cows, to apples and eggs. https://www.farmfood360.ca/
✅Play games and learn all about animals
✅Travel to Paris, France to see amazing works of art at The Louvre with this virtual field trip. https://www.louvre.fr/en/visites-en-ligne
✅This Virtual Tour of the Great Wall of China is beautiful and makes history come to life.
Struggling Students & Special Needs
- Visit nyc.gov/coronavirus at any time for general information, and if you have any questions or concerns.
- News from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https/www.cdc.gov/
- Germ Prevention Ltr to Parents
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Video from State Senator Andrew Gounardes Coronavirus Message for Students
- NYC Schools Account: Parents may view their child’s scores via their NYC Schools Account; more information on NYC Schools accounts registration is found here. If assistance is needed, please see the Parent Coordinator.
- NYC DOE at here
- School Website Home Page - listed under announcements on the home page of the School Website
- Class Pages on the website for any updates under the "Class Pages" at the top of the homepage.
- Remind App messages set up by teachers.
- School Messenger - a Robo call or voice message is left on the Main Phone Number on the students' blue card. Please make sure your number on the Blue Card is updated.
- NYC Dept of Health & Mental Hygiene
- Procedures on Days with Citywide Emergency Conditions or on Major Snow Days - Besides NYC Media outlets and the official schools.nyc.gov website, P.S. 127 other means of communicating City and school wide messages.
PTA Updates - Use this link to download the app: https://www.remind.com/join/ps127t Or use without the app by texting #81010 to: @ps127t
Parent Corner - Click for the Parent Coordinator Page
- Flu Information Fight Flu at Home and School 1.docx ,
- View the Next Gen Learning Standards Parent Resource link Link
This suspension for the remainder of the school year applies to the following New York State testing programs:
- New York State Grades 3-8 English Language Arts Test;
- New York State Grades 3-8 Mathematics Test;
- New York State Grade 4 Elementary-Level Science Test;
- New York State English as a Second Language Achievement Test (NYSESLAT) in Grades K-12; and
- New York State Alternate Assessment (NYSAA) for students with severe cognitive disabilities in Grades 3-8 and high school.
Class Remind Codes
Text 81010 to Join Your Child’s Class Remind App. Codes are listed by class below:
- K-102 =@mnerim
- K-105 = @k10520192
- K-106 = @k10620
- K-107 = @bea89cc
- K-108 = @mrsjackk
- 1-101 = 110120
- 1-103 = @1-103
- 1-202 = @fc4bdc
- 2-201 =@acares
- 2-208 =@ayeu
- 2-209 = @class22092
- 2-210 =@lwilson12
- 3-203 = @room3203
- 3-204 = @class32042
- 3-207 = @69ba3g
- 4-301 =@f3h8ac
- 4-302 =@migibi
- 4-306 = 4306ed
- Mrs. Pantazis & Mrs. Gangi /Reading, Writing, & SS= @msgangiw
- Ms. Miller = @msmiller53
- Ms. Bilz/Math = @msbilzmat
- 3/4/5-206 = @345206
- ENL K/1=@enlmsme
- ENL 2/3=
- ENL 4/5= @49g9bh
- Clusters-Art/Dance/Physical Education/Science=@danceartp
- Getting Started in Google Classrooms
- How to Get Started in Microsoft Teams
- Supporting Parents of Children with Autism Through COVID-19 Click here to register here
- Family Technology Support
- Access the Google Classroom on either your Xbox or PS4
- Video Google Classroom for Parents
- Video for Google Hang Outs
- Tutorial for Students & Parents
- Power Knowlegde Life Science
- Virtual Bulletin Board
- 2020 Covid-19 time capsule sheets.pdf
- Easy Polls
- Teaching Matters
- NY Public Library
- Digital Lessons for Remote Learning
- Free Daily Check-In Google Forms for Distance Learning
- Best Practices for Holding IEP Meetings.pdf
- Smart EXCHANGE
- Mystery Science
- Spring 2020 Art Ed Support
- Author & Celebrity Read Alouds
- Sanford Harmony Conversation Information - SH Upper-Grades_Conversations Cards.pdf , SH Lower-Grades_Conversations Cards.pdf , Unit 1.pdf Unit 2.pdf , Pre-K_K_Unit_2_Storybook.pdf
- Center for Autism Distance Education
- Sanford Programs - Sign up for Free Webinar
- UFT Teacher Resources
- Teaching Matters
- Remote Learning Calendar
- Audible.com - Elementary Books
- Teach from Home
- Zoom Tips for Educators
- OTIS -Online Technology and Instructional Sessions
- At Home Learning Support from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Video to Help Link Pearsons Resources
- Video for Google Classroom Teachers
- Teachers Pay Teachers
Apps for Students
Apps for Dyslexic Learners
- Sounds Literacy
- What is Dyslexia
- Dyslexia Quest
- Happy Math Multiplications Rhymes
- Read 2 Me
- Phonics with Phonogram
- DD's Dictionary: A Dyslexic Dictionary
Apps for Autistic Learners
- Sight Words
- Sequences for Autism
- Words on Wheels
- Verbal Me
- Autism iHelp
- Autism DDT Shapes
- Autism DDT Letters
- Speech with Milo
Apps for the Visually Impaired
- Dragon Dictation
- Color ID
- Talking Calculator
Apps with Learners with Writing Difficulties
- The Writing Machine
- iWrite Words
- Letter School
- Alpha Writer
- ABC Pocket Phonics
- Word Magic
Counseling Student Resources
Look Whats Happening at P.S. 127
Students Can Apply Now for Exciting Summer STEM Enrichment Programs!
Succeed with STEM this summer! Students entering kindergarten through grade 12 in September 2020 can apply now to attend exciting enrichment and experiential learning programs with STEM Matters NYC. A wide range of programs are offered and vary by grade level.
The 5-week STEM Academy is offered to students entering grades 3 through 11 in September and is located at schools throughout the city. Our 1-week camps are offered to students entering kindergarten through grade 9 in September and are located at museums and zoos in all five boroughs. Courses and internships are offered to students entering grades 10 through 12 at museums and experiential learning centers around the city.
Program partners include the NYC Department of Education’s Genovesi Environmental Study Center and NYC Center for Aerospace and Applied Mathematics; Audubon New York; Bronx Zoo; Central Park Zoo; Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum; Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum; MakerSpace NYC Futureworks; Museum of the City of New York; New-York Historical Society; New York Aquarium; Prospect Park Zoo; Queens Botanical Garden; Queens County Farm Museum; Queens Zoo; Rubin Museum of Art; Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden; Staten Island Museum; Staten Island Zoo; SUNY College at Old Westbury; The Morgan Library & Museum and Wave Hill.
All programs involve the opportunity to gain real-world, hands-on learning experiences this summer! Don’t miss out, spots are limited and the application deadline is Friday, April 10. Preference is given to students who attend Title I schools. Download our flyer, learn more, and apply now. For questions, contact STEMMattersNYC@schools.nyc.gov.
-Peer Assistance Learning (PAL) - selected students from grades 3,4 & 5 will provide individual tutoring for Kindergarten, 1st & 2nd grade students during their lunch periods.
P.S. 127 Respect For All Liaison
718 833 2323 x 3091
Click Here for Counselors Corner
-PLEASE SEND IN YOUR UNIFORM ORDER FORMS & YOUR PTA DONATIONS.
-If you would like to take your family to see Jurassic World, or other barcaly events, please go to the link below .Each ticket purchased, has a $5 fundraiser added on to it. Please visit www.barclayscentergroups.com/ps127
Click here for more PTA Info! http://www.mckinleypark127.org/pta
P.S. 127 's General Information
Kindergarten Admissions Applications for the 2020-2021 School Year
The kindergarten application period is open December 11, 2019 to January 21, 2020 for all children born in 2015 who live in New York City.
Families can apply to Kindergarten in three ways:
· Online at MySchools.nyc,
· Over the phone by calling 718-935-2009, · Or in person at a Family Welcome Center – 415 89th Street, Bklyn, NY 11209
如果您居住在纽约市，且您的孩子于 2015 年出生，请于 2020 年 1 月 21 日前申请幼儿园。
· 在线在我的学校.nyc (MySchools.nyc)
· 亲自到家庭欢迎中心 – 415 89街，布鲁克林，NY 11209
· 电话：(718) 935-2009
Fecha límite de solicitud de kindergarten
Si usted vive en la ciudad de Nueva York y su hijo nació en 2015, solicite el jardín de infantes antes del 21 de enero de 2020.
Envíe la solicitud de su hijo de una de tres maneras:
· En línea en MySchools.nyc
· En persona en un Centro de Bienvenida Familiar – 415 89th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11209
· Por teléfono al (718) 935-2009
الموعد النهائي لطلب الروضة
إذا كنت تعيش في مدينه نيويورك وولدت طفلك في 2015 ، طلب لرياض الأطفال بحلول يناير 21 ، 2020.
تقديم طلب طفلك بأحدي الطرق الثلاث:
· علي الإنترنت في MySchools.nyc
· شخصيا في مركز الترحيب العائلي – 415 شارع 89, بروكلين, نيويورك 11209
· عن طريق الهاتف علي (718) 935-2009Students with a Parent or Guardian on Active Military Duty
As a part of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), all schools must identify students with a parent or guardian who is a member of the armed forces on active duty to help understand the best ways to support these students. Please click on the below notice/form (English, Arabic, Chinese & Spanish versions are available). The notice asks families to sign and return the form letter if at least one of the student’s parents or guardians is on active duty in the armed forces and return the form to your student’s school by May 24, 2019.
Water testing Results 2018 - Water testing 2018.docx
7:45 AM - Doors open for the Free Breakfast Program on the 79th street side of the school building (Hot Lunchroom)
7:45 AM - Doors open for Early Drop Off on the 78th street side of the school building (Cold Lunchroom)
8:15 AM - Breakfast ends
8:20 AM - All students report to their classroom where their teacher(s) will welcome them
- ALL adults must show their Picture I.D. and sign-in with our School Safety Agent when entering our school building. All visitors should then proceed directly to the Main Office.
- Procedures on Days with Citywide Emergency Conditions/ Major Storm Days - In the case of a day with citywide emergency conditions or a major storm day, the Chancellor will make an announcement to all public schools in the city on whether to close schools or delay their opening. This announcement is made in consultation with other City officials. By 6:00 a.m. the decision is announced on the 311 Information Line, on the Department of Education website Home Page (which can be accessed at https://www.nycenet.edu/) and on the following radio stations in the city: WINS (1010 AM), WCBS (880 AM), WLIB (1190 AM), WBLS (107.5 FM), WNYE (91.5 FM), as well as the following television stations: WCBS (Channel 2), WNBC (Channel 4), WNYW (Fox Channel 5), WABC (Channel 7), WNYE (Channel 25), and "NY 1" (Channel 1 on cable television).
- Statement on Accessibility: We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact Stephanie Bonomolo to request assistance. Thank You.
NYC Public Schools ClosedP.S. 127 The McKinley Park School
SCHOOL CLOSED-Spring RecessP.S. 127 The McKinley Park School
School Spirit Day- Every FridayP.S. 127 The McKinley Park School
Math NYS Exam - 3,4,5P.S. 127 The McKinley Park School
School Spirit Day- Every FridayP.S. 127 The McKinley Park School
Kindergarten Registration 2019-2020 School Year
Registration is by appointment only. Please call Mrs. Sciove in the Main Office at (718) 833-2323 extension 1041 to make an appointment.
In order to register your child, you must have the following with you:
* the CHILD you are registering
* the offer letter or email you received from the DOE
* the child’s BIRTH CERTIFICATE or PASSPORT
* TWO proofs of residence
* the child’s IMMUNIZATION RECORD
* Individualized Education Program (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable and available)
You must have all of the above information in order to register – we cannot register a student who is missing any documents. Be advised that photo ID is required at all times to enter our school building.
In order to save time, you can print out the registration packet below and bring the completed packet to your registration appointment. Otherwise, one can be filled out in the main office. The health form should be brought to your child’s pediatrician and must be returned during the first week of school (immunization record is still required for registration). Please be sure that all forms are signed, dated where indicated and filled out completely.
Documents for Registration Packets: (In Arabic, Chinese, English & Spanish)
- K Registration Packet Arabic.pdf
- K Registration Packet Chinese.pdf
- K Registration Packet English.pdf
- K Registration Packet Spanish.pdf
DEADLINE: MAY 3rd
Relay for Life
Please Help Support the P.S. 127 Relay for Life Team Butterflies
Relay for Life will take place this year on Saturday, June 20, 2020. You can donate by this link Team Butterflies. We encourage teamwork here at P.S. 127, so lets be a team and help spread the word about The American Cancer Society and Relay For Life! Help "P.S. 127 Butterflies" raise money to support the American Cancer Society. All Proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society. Thank you.
Statement on Accessibility
We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact our parent coordinator to request assistance.